Comperison: Omega/Cavalry (Aka my reaction to Bad Batch)

Ok. First things first, slight spoilers/leaks for the First Cavalry book. Nothing too major, just notes on how her storyline has evolved before I even started writing.

Ok. Now. My reaction to Bad Batch. Spoiler alert.

ECHO WITH HIS TRAUMA!!!!!!

CROSSHAIR'S INHIBITOR CHIP AND OMEGA KNOWING ABOUT IT!?!

WRECKER IN GENRAL!!!

SAW GARRERA SLOWLY BECOMING AN EXTREMIST!

MAMA NALA SE HAVING A HEART!!!??

Ok. Sorry. Right. Cavalry and Omega comparison. I'll probably do another one of these late at the end of the first Bad Batch season, just a head's up.

I found it really funny how Omega seems to follow Cavalry's original story almost to a T.

Cavalry was originally supposed to join the 501st around the Umbara campaign to be Kix's assistant and to get some field experience since she was getting too rowdy for the Kaminoan's controlled lab setting.

She wasn't supposed to see much combat, but that quickly flew out the window as she finds herself risking her life to cover Kix and the wounded several times though out the war. Fives and Rex worked together to gift her her own set of clone armor after Umbara.

Later, on Anaxes, she was transferred to become the resident medic for CF99 and Echo. Hunter was supposed to be the one to teach her to use knives. Before she was supposed to use a DC17 Blaster Pistol.

Omega is a lab assistant on Kamino who helps the bad batch, and runs away with them away from Kamino. Her copying the other clones was especially reminiscent of Cavalry and Fives relationship in early drafts.

Confession time, I actually invented Cavalry and had her timeline drafted and redrafted several times before I started Cuyanir. Cuyanir was me kriffing around and you guys happened to like it. Half of those chapters were written in thirty minutes at four in the morning.

...guess which one you guys liked better.

Ok. Sorry off topic. Cavalry.

Her storyline has gone through MAJOR changes since that early draft (her first outlines were in first person, as to how old it was.) And she was a class A Mary Sue. I think I've got her mostly fixed now. Umbara is a bit of a rocky place to start and she's a little hard to write before I can really start her character arc.

Omega I'm excited to see how they write her in canon without making her a Mary Sue. I learned from my mistakes, and let's hope we don't end up with another Rey.

The Bad Batch looks really good so far. It was awesome to see a female clone in canon, Kanan/Caleb's voice actor from rebels returning, Tarkin, Saw, ect. I cannot wait to watch the next episode with my Dad and little brothers tonight.