Chapter 10

Nico's head was pounding hard. His ribs were on fire (he could tell a few of them were broken) and his ankle was set at an alarming angle.

He opened his eyes and glanced around. He was in an empty room, with concrete floors and walls. There was a small window to Nico's left that let a small bit of sunlight into the gray, dusty room. The room was completely empty except for a large steel cabinet with double doors that stood on the opposite side of the room from Nico, right next to the door.

Nico felt thick cords cutting into his wrists, which were bound behind his back. Nico was strong, but he couldn't break his bonds. He leaned his aching head back against the wall and closed his eyes.

.

Will slammed his fist down onto the pool table in the Big House. "We need to send a search party to go find Nico," he growled, the ferocity in his voice incredibly out of character.

There were nods of agreement from around the table. Percy was scowling deeply, and Reyna, who had come straight to Camp Half-Blood when she heard what happened, was glaring so hard Will was sure that her gaze could've killed all four trolls at once.

"Yes," Annabeth agreed, crossing her arms.

"I'm going," Will blurted out, then closed his mouth, blushing slightly. Luckily, nobody seemed to notice.

"Me too." Reyna said darkly.

"And me," Percy added.

"So it's settled, then," Chiron said from his wheelchair. He had changed to his human disguise to save space, and wore a tired expression.

"We'll head out tomorrow, how's that sound?" Percy said.

They would have started right then, had it been Will's decision, however, he nodded his consent, and promptly left the Big House.

.

"He is almost prepared."

Nico opened his eyes as a voice infiltrated his sleep, bringing back the pounding in his head. He could hear a woman's voice. It seemed to come from right outside the door. Is she talking about meNico wondered, straining to hear more of the conversation, but he could barely move, the pain in his ankle and ribs was too great.

"A few days perhaps," the woman said in reply to something Nico missed. Her British accent made Nico think of those sterotypical dominatrix characters in action movies.

"And the halfblood?" A raspy voice asked.

"He'll be sacrificed, and Moravlo shall rise," the woman said. Her voice became harder, crueler, like the edge of a knife. "Their puny camp will fall. And we shall feast."

Nico's blood ran cold. He was going to be sacrificed in some ritual so that a monster could return and destroy the camp. Then a creepy British woman and her raspy companion would "feast" on his friends. He had to warn them. Taking a deep breath, Nico tried to shadow-travel, but it was like walking into a wall, something was blocking his Underworld magic. Nico sighed and dropped his head in despair and pain.

________________________

Sorry this chapter is shorter than usual, I wanted to end it dramatically, Next update soon, and thank you for all your views, comments and votes!

4/02/16 - i'm rereading and editing this and cringing SO MUCH. why...just why...