Chapter - 24 Danger?

Start from the beginning

She placed the letter down on her lap. She hands trembling. She was visibly shaking. She couldn't breath. Siddharth's eyes widen. 'Shit. Panic attack.' he thought in alarm. He jumped in front of her crouching down. He held her hand tightly.

"Hey! Hey! Avneet! Calm down. Breath. Breath with me." he rushed out. Tears were streaming down her face.

"I-I...c-c...c-can't...." she tried to form a sentence. He shook his head.

"Shush... I know. I know baby. Don't try to talk. Breath with me. Please." he pleaded. 'Yes. It's helping.' he thought.

"Count with me. One.....two......yes, that's it." he said. She was relaxing slowly. He was internally panicking. She was clutching his hands tightly. 'Thank god! She in breathing again.' he thanked god sighing in relief. After sometime, she was normal. This whole time Siddharth was there. Holding her hands. Whispering. Talking with her. Focusing on breathing. When she was okay, he gave her a glass of water.

"You okay?" he asked softly. She nodded slowly taking a few gulps of water.

"I-I'm re-really s-sorry for-" she tried to say. Her voice not more loud than a whisper. Siddharth cut her off.

"Don't. It's fine." he said softly smiling at her. She too tried to smile back. He scooted closer. He leaned his face down. Her breathing hitched. He leaned his face near her ear.

"Now listen Avneet. Someone was here in our absence." he whispered. Avneet widened her eyes.

"We don't know what have they done over here. They could place a camera or a voice recorder anywhere." he continued. She took a deep breath.
'I'll play along.' she thought hurriedly. She too scooted closer to him and wasted no time to bury her face into his neck. He stopped breathing. He inhaled sharply and wrapped his hands around her. 'If there is any camera here, they will think I'm consoling her.' he thought.

"I know this is not the right time but we have no time to spare. We'll go upstairs. Pack your bag. Only necessaries. We need to leave immediately. To Nandra Mansion. Okay?" he whispered. She nodded her head before releasing him. She looked into his eyes and smiled at him. He took her hand and intertwined with his fingers. Sparks and tingles exploding from the touch. Siddharth led them to their rooms. He leaned again. She couldn't help her cheeks getting heat up.

"I'll see you in 10 minutes downstairs." he whispered. His hot breath fanning her ear. She shivered. She hesitantly nodded her head before going into her room.

10 minutes later~

Avneet reached downstairs only to see him all set with his bag. He raised an eyebrow seeing only one medium sized bag. He shrugged it off. He was now used to her surprising him all the time. He smiled at her before pulling her towards him. She gasped. She banged into his chest. Her hands placed on his chest on instinct.

"Let's go." he said smiling at her. She knew this was all acting. But she couldn't help but feel something. Her heart fluttering. Heart beating unbelievably fast. Cheeks heating up. She nodded looking down suddenly being shy. She straightened herself. Siddharth noticed everything. It was his ability. He smiled downed at her. He led her to the car. They started their journey. He saw her looking at her house longingly. She didn't say anything. Just sighed sadly. Siddharth tighten his hold on the steering wheel.
His heart aching dully seeing her like this. He would do anything to bring back her happiness. Anything.

_______________________________________

Jai was pacing. Aman was sitting on his chair with his hands under his chin thinking hard. Siddharth was sitting on the sofa with his elbows resting on his thighs. His eyebrows furrowed. Avneet was sitting on a chair looking at everyone. Siddharth had informed Aman about their sudden arrival when they were on the road. Though they explained everything when they arrived here.