I could hear her father say," My daughter will grow up to be independent now. She won't get married until she wishes to get married. She will study and make me proud."

I looked at Bondita and she smiled back. My happiness knew no bounds.

Bondita pulled me again with her and I could see a wedding taking place.

Bondita silently whispered in my ear," This girl was a widow at 17. Her in laws are so progressive that they denied performing any widow ritual with her and found a suitable groom for her to get married. They stood against those people who were forcing her to get Sati."

I could see tears in her eyes as she said that. I wiped them away and we then again moved forward.

We saw a girl of about 18 or 19. She was teaching something to those little girls out there. As soon as I realised what she was doing, a smile plastered on my lips. She was teaching them how to fight, in turn she was making them independent.

"Do you know, Pati Babu? This girl was abducted , raped and then tortured. But she didn't resolve to crying and instead of hiding herself from the world, she spoke against those demons who did this to her and her family supported her. Here's the result."

This was my wish, to bring revolution and change. This was as if my dream was coming true.

I could then again see a girl and a boy playing together. Both of them were about 8 years old. The girl suddenly became frustrated and slapped the boy. I was about to rush towards them as I feared the boy might slap the girl. Of course, what the girl did was not correct but I still couldn't let the boy slap her, but Bondita stopped me and I glared at her.

She pointed her finger towards the duo. The boy didn't slap the girl.

He very innocently said," You have slapped me today, it's alright. You must be wondering why I didn't slap you. I'll tell you why. My father has taught me that it's a sin to raise your hand on a girl."

The girl immediately said sorry.

I've always heard men stating that girls are meant to be beaten mercilessly, meant to be forced to keep quiet, but hearing those words from a little boy gave me sheer happiness and hope that the children are growing up to be ideal humans. Moreover, his father taught him this. This was not my world but I was loving it already. This world was exactly like the world that I imagined.

I could see happiness all around me. A group of girls and boys stood across the lane and to my surprise, the girls had books in their hands and they shared an equal place with the boys. I was used to see girls all cladded with the things that were a symbol of their marriage but now in front of me, stood girls, having absolutely no such element or thing that spoke of their marriage, instead they had books. Little girls played around as their parents adored them.

For the first time I saw a mother scolding her daughter, not because she had messed up with the kitchen work, but because she had messed up with her school homework.

This world was altogether pure bliss to my eyes, this chaos filled with happiness could not be explained into words. I broke down crying out of happiness. I was crying like a kid now, all out of happiness.

I looked around once again and fell down to my knees. This was way too overwhelming for me to take.

I could feel the ground trembling all of a sudden. What was happening? I immediately stood up and looked around. Where was Bondita? Where did she disappear ?

I grew restless as I shouted," Bondita, where are you?"

I could feel my surroundings fading into nothingness.

Everything turned white , a thin sheet of something came in front of my eyes.

All I could now see was Mist...

-----------------------

"BONDITA!!!"I shouted as I woke up from my sleep with a jerk. Was it a dream?

I looked around as beads of sweat trickled down my face, what was happening?

Bondita was sleeping next to me but she woke up with a jerk as she panicked seeing my condition.

"What happened, Pati Babu?" she said, concern laced in her voice.

She with her pallu, wiped away the sweat I had on my face. I took a quick glance at her. Concern dripped from her face in the form of tears. I wiped away her tears and pulled her close to me as I whispered," Don't worry, it was just a dream."

She looked up at me with fear but I ensured her that everything was right. She wrapped her hands around my torso and I patted her head. Soon, sleep engulfed her but for some unknown reason, I could not sleep that night.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey dear readers! Did you like this? I don't know how it turned out to be. Let me know your views through votes and comments.