JAPANESE & KOREAN URBAN LEGENDS

TOMINO'S POEM or TOMINO'S HELL.

So this one is really creepy. Cause I have seen many people doing a challenge on this, reading Tomino's hell poem at 3am. 

The popular Japanese story is about a poem called Tomino's Hell. They say that you should only read with your mind, and never out loud. If you were to read it out loud, then you die. This story used to be very popular in , and there were many people taking pictures and videos as proof and posting them on 2ch. There were many users that said that nothing happened, but there were also many posts that didn't have the user come back to post the results. 

In this world there are things that you should never say out loud, and the Japanese poem 'TOMINO'S HELL' is one of them. According to the legend, if you read this poem out loud, disaster will strike. At best, you will feel very ill or injured yourselves. At worst you could die.

And some say, if we read the poem in English nothing would happen. Anyway i am not going to try English or Japanese. 

I WILL SHOW YOU THE POEM, PLEASE READ IT IN MIND.

ENGLISH VERSION 

His older sister vomits blood, and his younger sister vomits fire,
And the cute Tomino vomits his soul.
Tomino falls into Hell alone,
The darkness of Hell where even flowers don't bloom.
Is it Tomino's older sister wielding the whip?
The blood on the whip weighs on his mind.
Beating and striking yet not hitting at all,
There is but a single road to the eighth and most painful Hell.
Would you request guidance into the darkness of Hell,
From the golden sheep, or the nightingale?
Put as much as you can into the leather sack,
In preparation for the journey into the most painful of Hells.
Spring comes to the forest and the valley,
And to the seven twisting valleys of dark Hell.
The nightingale in the cage, the sheep in the cart,
And tears in the eyes of cute Tomino.
Cry, nightingale, in the forest rains,
He screams as loud as he can in yearning for his younger sister.
The cries echo throughout Hell,
And the buttercup blooms.
Through the seven mountains and seven valleys of Hell,
The cute Tomino's solo journey.
If they are in Hell, bring them,
The mountain of pins and needles.
The red pins don't stand out,
As a sign leading to cute Tomino.

JAPANESE VERSION

Ane wa chi wo haku, imoto wa hibaku,
Kawaii Tomino wa tama wo haku.
Hitori jigoku ni ochiyuku Tomino,
Jigoku kurayami hana mo naki.
Muchi de tataku wa tomino no ane ka,
Muchi no shubusa ga ki ni kakaru.
Tatakeya tatakiyare tatakazu totemo,
Mugen jigoku wa hitotsu michi.
Kurai jigoku e anai wo tanomu,
Kane no hitsuji ni, uguisu ni.
Kawa no fukuro niya ikura hodo ireyo,
Mugen jigoku no tabijitaku.
Haru ga kite soro hayashi ni tani ni,
Kurai jigoku tani nana magari.
Kago niya uguisu, kuruma niya hitsuji,
Kawaii tomino no me niya namida.
Nakeyo, uguisu, hayashi no ame ni
Imouto koishi to koe kagiri.
Nakeba kodama ga jigoku ni hibiki,
Kitsune botan no hana ga saku.
Jigoku nanayama nanatani meguru,
Kawaii tomino no hitoritabi.
Jigoku gozaraba mote kite tamore
Hari no oyama no tomebari wo.
Akai tomebari date ni wa sasanu,
Kawaii tomino no mejirushini

HOPE ALL READ THAT IN MIND. 

The meaning of the poem is up to interpretation, but the most common summary is that a boy named Tomino is in love with his younger sister and loses his soul. With the loss of his soul, Tomino descends into Hell, which may be a metaphor for war. His older sister encourages him to win the war as she spits up blood. His younger sister does the same while spitting up fire. Tomino, presented to still be young and innocent, throws his life away for the cause. He cries for his younger sister as he travels through the seven valleys of Hell. Tomino eventually reaches the eighth level, which is the most painful. He suffers more with each passing level. There are also certain items on Tomino's clothing and different hints throughout the poem that relate the story back to the battlefield of WWII. The story ends with Tomino dying in battle, never to return to his family.

When the movie Denen ni Shisu was released in 1974, Terayama Shuji took inspiration from the poem to make the film. He later died. There were also rumors of a female university student dying after reading the poem aloud. These rumors were thrown aside until 2004 when the author Yomota Inuhiko claimed After that claim, the old rumors resurfaced and the legend mutated to create the idea that reading the poem out loud leads to death.

The poem's creator, Saijou Yaso, lived to be 78, 51 years after creating the poem. He had read the poem aloud numerous times, but no one seems to care about the truth, only the mystery.

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED READING IT. 

AND I AGIAN HOPE MOST OF YOU READ THE POEM IN MIND. 

WITH LOVE

~ADHEENA💜