JAPANESE AND KOREAN URBAN LEGENDS

These days I started to read about urban legends.

Just some information's on Japanese and Korean legends. I love to read scary and horror stories, then I found about urban legends. So, I wanted all readers to know about them. LET'S GO....

Kuchisake Onna(Woman with a slited mouth)

The story of a terrifying "slit-mouthed woman" who approached children in the late 1970s kickstarted Japan's modern urban legends.

A woman wearing a asks a passing child, "Am I pretty?" If the frightened youngster says she is, she asks, "Even like this?" and removes her mask to reveal a face slit from the corners of her mouth to each ear. No matter their age, almost everyone in Japan has heard the story of the kuchisake onna, or "slit-mouthed woman," and it has become increasingly well known around the world.

When the kuchisake onna legend spread in the late 1970s, the Japanese economy was changing as households across the country acquired the basic elements of urban cultural life: televisions, cars, and telephones. 

MORE DETALED INFORMATION

According to legend, Kuchisake-onna was a woman whose mouth was slit from ear to ear while she was alive. In some versions of the story, Kuchisake-onna was the unfaithful wife or concubine of a samurai. As punishment for her infidelity, her husband sliced the corners of her mouth from ear to ear. Other versions of the tale include that her mouth was mutilated during a medical or dental procedure, that she was mutilated by a woman who was jealous of her beauty, or that her mouth is filled with numerous sharp teeth.

After her death, the woman returned as a vengeful spirit. She covers her mouth with a cloth mask, or in some iterations, a hand fan or handkerchief. She also carries a sharp instrument with her, which has been described as a knife, machete, scythe, or large pair of scissors.

Kuchisake onna sneaks up on her victims in the dark and asks them if they think she is beautiful, "Watashi, kirei?" If the victim answers yes, she pulls off her mask and reveals a red, blood-dripping, grotesque mouth. Then she asks in a grisly voice if they still think she is beautiful, "Kore demo?" If her victim answers no or screams in terror, she slashes him from ear to ear in an imitation of her own mutilation. If he lies and answers yes a second time, she walks away - only to follow her target home and slaughter him brutally that night.

 If he lies and answers yes a second time, she walks away - only to follow her target home and slaughter him brutally that night

Gonna post other legends information too.

💜WITH LOVE ADHEENA💜