"What?" I asked.

They both looked surprised.

"What did you just say?" I asked again.

"Uh... Just that I ran into Jace and his group the other day. That boy, John, you always hung out with was there of course," Abby answered.

"How are they all?" I asked, trying to act casual about the whole thing.

"They looked... tense. Jace didn't look too good. Kind of like he was sick. John asked about how you were doing. Jace got all upset for some reason, and stormed off."

"What did you tell John?" I asked.

Both girls looked at each other.

"What?"

"Well I just told him the truth," Abby said.

"What's the truth?" I asked.

"That aren't doing too good. That you're sick and it's getting pretty bad. You should go to the doctor or something."

"Don't worry about it. The doctor can't help me anyways."

"What can then?" Liz asked.

"So Jace stormed off. Why?" I asked, trying to change the conversation.

"I don't know. Just kind off stormed off after I told John how you were doing," Abby said.

I nodded my head, and then stood up.

"I'm gonna continue to play. You wanna join?" I asked them, kicking off my flip flops.

They shook their heads. I shrugged and ran over to Hailey and Chloe, tossing the ruined dandelion into the grass. We continued to play for a while, before we joined the others on the grass. Luckily Abby was smart enough to bring a few water bottles, and some snacks in her freakishly huge purse.

"I'm telling you! Girls should learn self-defence. I mean, after what happen to me, I want to start classes. It should seriously be a requirement to graduate, or something. Kind of like CPR," Liz said.

"Why because some guy who was reading the newspaper on the city bus got off at the same stop as you, and happened to be walking in the same direction as you?" Hailey questioned sarcastically.

"A, He was pretending to read the newspaper. He kept looking at me every three minutes. And B, if I hadn't gone into that store he would have cornered me in an alley and raped me or something."

Everyone started laughing at that. I quickly swallowed the gulp of water I had been drinking, before I spluttered it all over everyone. Though some had managed it's way out.

"Even though her reasons are a bit stupid, I agree with her. Girls should be forced to learn self-defence. Hell even I was learning how to defend myself," I said, slipping my cool waterbottle between my crossed legs.

"Well that's because you happen to be a magnet for danger," Hailey said.

"Hey!" I protested, popping a dorito chip into my mouth.

"What? From all the times you come home hurt, and from all the scars on you- I'm surprised you haven't been to the hospital once this year."

I glowered at the seasoned goodness in my hand. She did have a point

"Anyways my point is that I could have died last night," Liz said dramatically.

*Cough* "Drama queen," Chloe coughed, though epicly failing at covering over the drama queen bit.

"Whate..." Liz trailed off, looking at something over my shoulder with a puzzled expression.

I was just about to turn around to see what it was, but I was suddenly grabbed around the waist. I let out the most pitiful girly scream that had probably ever come out of me as I was tossed up into the air. Strong arms caught me, and hoisted me over the person's shoulder.