"-and then Peacock said, - thank you, Raygar and Raskreia - 'why don't you just change the rule then?' And I was like - wait, are you sure this is the treaty? It's only one paper-"

As Ludis' father - Rajak didn't remember his name, just that he ran the border kingdoms - gently reminded the Lord that he was supposed to have read the treaty last week, Rajak thought of Karius' invasive questions. Why didn't he want to find a bride? Well, it's not that he didn't want to- he would be open to the idea, that is. He just didn't know who the right person would be. And besides, there were more important things than flirting with every girl you see (thought directed with Karius in mind). There was fighting, training, conversations with his companions, keeping Rael and Regis from killing each other, learning how to use Kartas from his father, dealing with Karius, studying, training... the list went on and on. A wedding could wait.

The other heirs were also gathered around them now, drawn in by the bickering.

"Why don't you want to get married, Rajak?" The question came from Kei of the Ru Kingdom. Like how the Kertia Kingdom specialized in assassinations and were the Lord's guards and the Blerster Kingdom specialized in long-range skills and manned the guard towers of the castle, the Ru Kingdom specialized in martial arts and made up the bulk of the Lord's army. Kei rarely talked, preferring to meditate, so his question drew the attention of the rulers seated at the adult table.

Rajak was uncomfortable with the attention on him. "Uh... I have... studying to do."

Raygar and the Lord facepalmed while Gejutel gaped at Rajak. Rozaria stopped beating up Karius and crossed her arms at Rajak.

"Rajak, you are naturally gifted with intelligence. You're better at academics than Ludis. You're even better than all of us combined, and you say you have to study?"

"...yes."

Karius put his head in his hands, groaning at his best friend.

The Lord had an evil grin on his face.

"Rajak, my boy! Come here, we have something to discuss," the Lord called out to him, much to Raskreia's horror. She knew what her father was going to do.

He signed and sealed the treaty (idk how these things work sorry lol) and handed it to Rajak, ordering him to go to the werewolf territory and deliver it to their Lord Muzaka. Realizing Rajak had never met Muzaka, he sent Gejutel with him, stealthily handing him another official-looking document under the table.

Regis and Rael perked up, wanting to go with them.

"No. Regis and Rael, you will have to stay to aid in the preparations," explained Krasis.

"What preparations?" asked Rajak suspiciously. (You have every right to be suspicious, Rajak...)

"Nothing!" The Lord interrupted, shooting a look at Krasis, who soon realized his mistake, his eyes widening. "You go on with Gejutel now. Don't return until tonight!"

He ushered them out the door quickly, then turned and shut the door. "Now, let's get planning! We'll all have to be there, of course, along with all the eligible ladies of his kingdom..."

"Excuse me Lord, but what are you planning to do to my son and my kingdom?"

"Oh, don't worry too much about it, Raygar. The only thing you have to worry about are the invitations."

"Invitations for what...?" He was almost too afraid to ask.

"For the ball, of course! Now, should we do a masquerade theme or just go with normal appearances? Hmm..."

"I think normal appearances would be less confusing," remarked Raskreia somewhat shyly.

"Great idea, Raskreia! Let's hold it in the ballroom of this palace, the center of Lukedonia! Here, I'll write a draft of the invitation for you, Raygar."