Cinderella

The leaders from the kingdoms of the land of Fantasia were gathered in their annual meeting. It was supposed to be a report of how things were going in each kingdom to the Lord, but the personalities of the rulers and their heirs were... unsuited for this particular purpose.

"And what of the werewolf clans?" asked the Lord. His daughter and heir, Raskreia, was dutifully taking notes.

"Their current Lord Muzaka is offering a peace treaty to end the border conflicts," reported Gejutel of the Landegre Kingdom. "I highly recommend we accept and sign to their minimalistic conditions before another werewolf obtains power."

"Raygar, please bring the treaty," the Lord ordered. "It should be somewhere on my desk. Raskreia, please go with him." Even he knew how cluttered his desk could get, and Raskreia would certainly take the chance to reorganize everything as they searched for the papers. Not that he was complaining.

A combination of "Yes, Lord" and "Yes, Father" was heard as the two nobles exited the meeting room.

"So while they're doing that, how's Raizel? Is he getting more sunlight this year? You know, the human clans thought of something called Vitamin Dee. Apparently the sun gives it out freely. Have you guys ever heard a man called Dee? I wonder why they would name it after him... why doesn't the sun give us any Vitamin Dee? Does it have something against us, I wonder-"

Far on the other side of the room, the heirs to the thrones of the kingdoms chatted idly.

"So Rajak, have you acquired a girlfriend yet? Any future queen in your head?" (Guess who)

The noble prince sitting next to him sighed, knowing where this conversation would lead.

"Well, I don't see why!" Karius complained. "Any girl would be lucky to have you! You should hurry up, you know. Nearly all of us-" he gestured to their companions, who were also princesses and princes, who were idly chatting about dull stuff like the weather. Rajak wished he could join them instead of having this conversation again. "-have a significant other already. If you don't hurry up, Regis and Rael may beat you!"

"You're not married. Why are you bothering me about it?"

The aforementioned princes were bickering in their thousandth argument.

"You're going to stay short forever!" Rael teased. "While I'm going to be as tall as my brother!"

"Will not!"

"Will too!"

"Rael, stop teasing Regis," Rajak calmly ordered while spinning his favorite knife on his finger. It was nearly an exact replica of a set of his father's, which he was going to inherit someday. Well, half of the set. Raygar was planning on splitting it and giving Rajak one and Rael the other. Rajak was going to use his with his favorite knife, one he crafted himself.

A dangerous thought occurred to Karius. "Speaking of siblings, since we're all growing up together, aren't we all considered siblings here? You could be my brother!"

"Adopted, if that."

Raskreia reentered the room with Raygar, passing the treaty to the Lord.

Karius noticed her.

"And the Lord is our big sister!" He exclaimed joyfully. "Yo, sis!" He called while waving, earning him a cold glare from both her and Rajak.

Rozaria, always one for manners and respect, instantly hit Karius on the forehead. "Karius! Show some respect!"

"Ow, why did you have to hit me?"

"You deserve it!"

As the two bickered, Rajak brooded in silence, eavesdropping on the adults' conversation.