Once Upon a Dream

As Rajak and Raygar Kertia walked back toward their home, Rajak felt a cool breeze and realized he forgot his coat.

"Father, I forgot my coat in the forest. I will meet you back home."

Raygar nodded and Rajak retraced his steps back to the training area he and his father frequented in the forest.

As he neared the clearing, he heard a beautiful voice singing.

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, that gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam

As he moved aside a branch to get a clearer view of the mysterious voice, he could tell it was a girl. Various animals were dancing around her in his coat, and she seemed to be using something to communicate with them. It looked like a spell, which could only be used by the Fantasia Clan.

Yet I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream

As she hummed, dancing around nimbly, he took in her features. She was very pretty, he noticed, slightly wavy hair cascading down her shoulders. It wasn't nearly as long as Raskreia's or Rozaria's, but it seemed to shine like the morning sun. Her eyes, a bright ruby red like his own, were complemented by long lashes and she wore human clothing instead of the Lukedonian dress she was supposed to wear. (I'm trying to describe her as Aurora, but idk if it's working lol)

But if I know you, I know what you'll do

He snatched the owl wearing his coat back and took her hands in its place, the lady not noticing the change.

You'll love me at once

He joined in her song here, unable to help himself.

The way you did once upon a dream

She looked around, wondering where the sudden male voice originated, when she noticed the owl perched on a branch a little off to the side. It sheepishly shrugged at her, still wearing Rajak's coat. Realizing it wasn't the owl that was behind her, she turned around. "Oh!"

"I am sorry. I did not mean to frighten you," he apologized, taking her hand as she tried to move away.

"Oh, it... it wasn't that. It's just that... you're a- a-" she tried to find a word that didn't offend him in any way, while trying to extricate her hand.

"A stranger?" he finished for her, grabbing her other hand, wanting her to stay.

She hummed in agreement.

"But do you not remember? We have met before."

"We- we have?" she asked doubtfully.

"Well, of course. You said so yourself. Once upon a dream."

She began to walk away, hiding behind a large tree while checking to see if he followed her. She still heard his voice. He lightly touched her hand, making her realize he was behind her and she was checking the wrong side of the tree.

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, that gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam

They began walking away, the strange Fantasia girl getting more accustomed to him. He pulled her into a dance for a while, singing the song together.

And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do

They stopped dancing and rested against a low-resting tree branch, looking at the beautiful scenery of the Lord's castle in front of them. He put his arm around her waist and she didn't move away, leaning slightly into him instead.

You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream...

(End of song)