Sleeping Beauty / Once Upon A Dream Part 3

And so that night Selena Fantasia was escorted to the Lord's castle. Dressed in a long cloak covering the Lukedonian uniform Rozaria had put her in, she took one last look at the cottage she called home all her life. She was supposed to meet the blonde stranger there in about an hour. And yet here she was, headed away from it.

She looked down the entire way there, not stopping to look at the nature around them like she always normally did. The animals knew something was wrong. Her heart was heavy with dread. Why did she have to be a family leader? Or even a noble, for that matter. She would have been just fine being a normal human with the man in the woods until the day she died. Perhaps she could still dream about him.

She was ushered into a back entrance of the palace and into her new room. Gejutel, Rozaria, and Frankenstein left to give her some space. Once the door closed, she collapsed into sobs onto her vanity table. Her heart was breaking, and the cracks allowed darkness to seep in and take control.

I don't want this, she thought. I don't want this, I don't want this, I don't-

Suddenly she stood up. It was almost as if she could hear a voice. It sounded like him, it had to be. It seemed like it came from that wall...

Her cloak fell as she walked to the wall, fingers barely brushing it before it magically disappeared into a short corridor that led to stairs. The voice was coming from above those stairs. She crept up, listening to it.

--------------------

Gejutel and Frankenstein were arguing again, for who knows what reason.

"Wait. Do you hear that?" Rozaria asked.

"Hear wha-"

"Shhh!"

She was right. The sobbing from before was now replaced with absolute silence. And a very eerie aura.

Gejutel pounded on the door. "Selena, can you hear me? Please answer. Selena!"

"That's not how you do it, old man," Frankenstein teased, cracking his knuckles. "Let me show you how it's done..." Summoning Dark Spear, he began slashing at the door.

"..." It wouldn't budge. Not even a scratch was left on it.

"The Lord made this room immune to your attacks," Rozaria informed. "Allow me."

-------------------

"...the way you did once upon a dream..." the voice was coming from the top of the staircase.

"Hello, is anyone there?" She called as she entered the room. Her stranger wasn't there. All that was in the dusty old room was a spinning wheel, which seemed to glow with a red light.

"Selena? Is that you?" The voice seemed to be coming from everywhere now.

"Yes. Where are you?"

"I think this spinning wheel is magic. All I did was touch the needle and..."

"Oh, my! Are you inside of it? How can I get you out?"

"Yes, I believe I am. But if you touch the needle again, I think it will let me out."

"Selena! Selena, where are you? Don't touch anything!" The voices of the family leaders rose up to the room she was in. Wait a second... she realized she never told her stranger her name.

Too late. As Selena turned to tell them she was there, her hand came down upon the needle, pricking her index finger and drawing a drop of blood. She fell to the floor, into a deep sleep.

"Selena!" Her three protectors burst into the room, only a moment too late. Evil laughter echoed down the tower as Ragus appeared with his staff from the spinning wheel, revealing that he had tricked her as the mysterious voice.