Park Haejin stood up and excused herself after a few bites, the others didn't notice but Prince Levi saw her hands trembling as she walked out.

Levi surveyed the room, he could sense something was off but before he could even ask anything —Riven, who'd been at the door, stepped forward and respectfully informed him that his father wished to see him.

"I'll excuse myself as well," he stood up and stepped out.

Lee Byeol and Han Shinwoo kept themselves silent. Now that only Kim Jaehyun was left with them the atmosphere relaxed a little.

"You guys, you heard everything right?" Kim Jaehyun asked calmly. Correction: The atmosphere did not relax.......

"Sunbae—

"Doesn't matter, those are things that happened in our previous world and it's between me and Haejin. I hope you won't be bothered by it," he said with a smile but something was off about his smile... it was cold and unfriendly.

Han Shinwoo, having read such scenes many times in manga already knew what was happening here. Kim Jaehyun was telling them not to dig into this matter and to pretend they didn't see anything. Perhaps in their previous world Kim Jaehyun might've even given them money to shut them up.

Oh the perks of being 'Prince' Han Shinwoo sighed, he felt like this Kim Jaehyun was even more protagonist-like now that he had a bit of a dark past to him.

"Don't worry about it Sunbae, those are your personal matters, we won't pry," he said with a smile, he felt that like this it would make more sense for Kim Jaehyun to let him be his sworn brother because now he knew about one of Kim Jaehyuns secrets.  Han Shinwoo suppressed his growing anticipation.... the plot should be unfolding now that things are like this.

Kim Jaehyun after receiving Han Shinwoo's reply glanced at Lee Byeol. She didn't say anything, she just silently kept eating her food and no one could tell what she was thinking.

~•~

<The king of ifvnar will fall>

"You mean the python Rui is dead?" Prince Levi asked with a shocked expression.

"Impossible!" Prince Kieth said, "the only person capable of defeating Rui was you! How can it be dead?"

King Cyan was also surprised, a few years ago Rui had attacked Ledris and he was the one to drive it out, sending it into Ifvnar. He didn't pursue it any further and left it there because it's presence kept the other beasts of ifvnar in check m and it also deterred people from attempting to travel through Ifvnar.

But the prophecy regarding Rui's downfall had crossed itself out meaning it was fulfilled.

"It may not be that Rui is dead but rather that Ifvnar has a new king, when you go to the forest with the summoned ones, I want you to confirm this for me Levi."

"Father, do you think Rui's death has something to do with the summoners?"

(A/N: the 'summoners'  refers to Yu's brothers (not by blood) who had summoned Hyunjin and the others from the forbidden realm)

King Cyan thought to himself before speaking, "it's possible that the ones responsible for killing the summoners are the ones who killed Rui but —