Chapter 8. The Hidden World.

~No one's P

~No one's P.O.V~

In a dimly lit room, an old man sat. His eyes closely concentrated on the dragons' tail. Grimmel grabbed one of his Deathgrippers by the end of it and guided its poisonous stinger through the layer of leather. He watched intensely as its venom dripped from the sharp tail and into the cup.

The Deathgripper removed its own tail when it felt its venom running low. Grimmel hummed as he picked up a small tube and poured the purple venom into it. He placed the glass down before swirling the liquid around in the tube a bit. He then put the tube into one of his darts. Smirking, he used his other hand to hold the small flap up as he pushed the dart into it, securing it.

The two Deathgrippers by his side suddenly tensed, making Grimmel glance over his shoulder back to them as they stood up. He snapped his fingers as he turned back to his work and the dragons were sent away to protect the base.

The two crawled down through the dark room, looking around with a dark growl in their throats.

The dragon riders peaked out from some rocks. Snotlout nodded to himself, "Okay, split up." He ordered, pointing in two different directions, "We'll be harder to catch." His voice was ignored by all ears.

However, that was different from when Eret spoke, "I was thinking we should split up, just because." He shrugged. He got words and nods of agreement.

"I like your instincts." Valka agreed before looking to Stoick, nodding her head for him to come along as she placed her hand on the rock in front of her and jumped over it. Snotlout found himself to be standing alone before he knew it, an confused expression on his face, "What's this?"

The Riders stealthily sneaked around in Grimmel's hideout. With Astrid misleading the Deathgrippers and Tuffnut nearly being spotted before his sister pulled him down, Hiccup made his way up the spiral stairs. He saw light emitting from the room, the one that had to be Grimmel's. He pulled his Inferno from his belt and pushed the trigger, igniting the blade with a bright flame.

He entered carefully, using his blade to lighten up the room but ended up standing in the middle of it in confusion as he saw no one in it.

His head snapped around when he heard a metallic click followed by many others. He ran out of the room and a couple of steps down the stairs, finding a metal-net falling down to cover the base, caging the riders inside.

"Where's your dragon when you need him? Hmm, Chief?" Hiccup swifter his blade forward, the flame of his Inferno lightening Grimmel's features up. He stood just on the other side of the net, his arms behind his back, "And your girlfriend? Must have forgotten all about you by now." The man added with a smirk, laughing at Hiccup despite not being able to see his reaction from beneath his mask.

"First rule of the hunt: Separate the prey from its pack." He pointed a taunting finger at Hiccup, "You just removed yourselves from the equation."