Warmness of Friendship

~(Requested by sarcasticpenguini on Ao3. So the other day I've decided to take on a 'summer project'. It's basically an 18th Century AU of Weak Hero and like it actually has a plot and stuff so I'm probably going to busy with that; updates over here might be a little slower. I'll still try to work on the stories over here tho for a bit. Anyways here's this. I hope you enjoy and leave requests and/or constructive criticism!)~

Eugene walked silently down the sidewalk. It wasn't a sad silence nor was there much giddiness to his walk. The pace was more leisurely, just enjoying himself. He was enjoying the tranquility that came with friends. For awhile he was a bit of a loner and a nerd (he still is a nerd but that's not the point). He had Rowan in middle school, until he went to Australia. After that he was pretty much on his own. Then, in his first year of high school he was seated next to Gray Yeon and everything changed.

He watched Gray cruelly beat down several enemies, from Colton Choi all the way up to Dean Kwon and Wolf Keum. And what came alongside this cruel fighter known as the White Mamba? More cruel fighters! Some people called them maniacs, while others said bastards. He called them friends. Because as much as they were strong fighters, they were no bullies. Even Teddy Jin, who had once been a bully, sought out friendship. And so they formed their own little pack, and suddenly Eugene had a lot more friends.

Today they had decided to meet at Ttosikki chicken, a true hidden gem. They decided to meet around three and Eugene had some stuff to take care of before then so he came alone. While walking alone in this neighborhood wasn't exactly the best idea, he didn't have much fear. The 'White Mamba effect' came along with the Eunjang school uniform. Nowadays people attacked Eunjang students less, out of fear that they might be associated with the White Mamba. However the nerd effect was amplified with his big square glasses, so it was better to take precautions anyways. He had become accustomed to taking in his surroundings, since he was a bully magnet and a bread shuttle and alwasy needed to be on the lookout for a hungry bully, or (someone else's) homework he hadn't finished. The only problem was this ability had dulled due to the fact of being friends with terrifying fighters.

While he was looking down at his phone, lost in thought, he became unaware to the sound of approaching footsteps and fiendish snickering. Suddenly, the screen he was looking down at had been yanked from his hands. He looked up in surprise to see the culprit and was met with a punch to the face. He staggered to the side, overcome with shock, to once again look at the attackers.

     There was two of them and they held themselves like bullies: loose, maniacal, grins on his face, chests puffed out, and the mean, cruel, eyes he knew to well. The eyes he had seen over and over again that didn't bother to try and hide the joy behind their cruelty. What was the point of bullying others? What did they gain from it? Ego? There was nothing in bullying that could help them in the future. Two bullies stood before him, one with spiky black hair, the other had a bull cut and a mask pulled over half his face.

     "Look at this little shit, prancing around in his Eunjang uniform," said the one with black hair. The other laughed.

     "What do you think, Seongbin? He some hot shit running with the White Mamba?" The one with the mask asked.

      "Are you kidding?!" The other one, dubbed Seongbin, nearly shrieked, "Look at this nerd! He has loser written all over him!" They laughed together before turning back to Eugene.

      "Hey, give us your wallet," the masked bully demanded.

      "Wha-" Before the words could get out of his mouth he was met with another blow to the face.

     "Didn't he just tell you to do something?" The black-haired one was the one throwing punches. "Yo, Jihun I think he might be deaf, tell him again."

     Jihun, the masked one, approached Eugene. "I said. Give. Me. Your. Wallet." In between each word he threw a punch to Eugene's stomach. The other snickered.

      To Eugene it was all the familiar. This was kind of treatment he had endured through middle school. And what was he thinking walking around alone like that. Without the backing of his friends he was just another nerd, practically waiting for a beating. He couldn't defend himself and poured all his energy into studying. He wasn't even as smart as Gray so why does he bother with all the studying?

     "Hey." Another voice. Eugene looked up to locate the owner of the voice. It was none other than Alex Go. He was accompanied by Ben, Gray, Gerard, Teddy and Rowan.  The group towered over the two bullies, a pack of wolves upon two hares.

       " Hey, scram we-"

        "Jihun, that's them." Seongbin looked nervously at the boys who seemingly apperedd out of thin air.

"What?" The taller boy looked at the others in distaste before a look of realization came across his face.

     "Th-That's Ben Park and-"

     "Eunjang's White Mamba." Jihun turned around to face Eugene, "So you are some hot shit with the White Mamba, huh?" If he wasn't in so much pain he would've smiled. The look of surprise on this guys face was priceless. And maybe he did smile a bit because his face quickly went from priceless confusion to familiar rage.

"You think you're so-"

"Hey man, what do you think you're doing?" Ben had come up behind him and squeezed his shoulder.

"Well we were just-uh-j-just, uh-"

"You-you wanna fight?!" The other, Seongbin, blurted out. Eugene could see the instant regret on his face. Who, in their right mind, would ever openly challenge the Eunjang group?

"Well, if it's a fight you want..." Gerard had come up to Seongbin. There was a few moments of still silence like someone had just pressed pause on their lives. Then the tall, green-haired, teen abruptly kicked the other in the stomach. Then everything happened at once.

Alex and Teddy came rushing to Eugene's side, inquiring about his well-being. All the while Jihun was withering under Bens grasp trying to get away. When Ben did release him, he stuck out his foot and the he tripped over it trying to get away. "Hey!" Alex yelled before running over to Jihun. He only managed to get one good punch in before the little rat ran away. "Some friend you have," Rowan noted before he whacked Seongbin in the face.

"Stop," Gray had come forward towards Eugene and Teddy. "He's not worth our time." The others seemed to back off from the kid. "Come on Eugene, do you want some chicken?" Eugene nodded enthusiastically. As they left the bully to rot, Eugene couldn't help but bask in this warm feeling he got from having good friends.