Date Night V1

~(Sup y'all. So I'm thinking about making this a version one and version two; one where they stay in they other where they go out. This is the one where they go out. Also I'm tried so if there's any spelling/grammar mistakes please point them out. ANYWAYS leave requests and/or constructive criticism. Hope you enjoy!)~

The scene looked straight out of the Titanic. Soft clinking of glasses mixed with tranquil violin music and low chatter to form a very high class atmosphere. This was the kind of place men in tuxedos came to brag about their businesses while their children accidentally fell in love. People smiled and chattered and clinked glasses looking all too happy. The romantic fairytale atmosphere came as a complete surprise to Kingsley. When Donald had said "surprise date" he didn't expect to be taken back to the 19th century.

"I can't tell you," Donald had said, "It's a surprise. But dress nice." And that was all he had said.

It was Donald and Kingsley's one year anniversary and such an event called for a celebration. Being as affectionate as he was Donald had set up something special for Kingsley. If it were up to Kingsley he would have preferred to stay in, order takeout, and cuddle but, Donald seemed really giddy about whatever surprise he had planned. And the words Donald and giddy were never in a sentence together.

Kingsley had come to the conclusion that, since Donald had asked him to dress nice and it was their anniversary, he was probably being taken to fancy restaurant. However he didn't expect this level of fancy. Well Donald is super rich. And likes to treat his boyfriend. At the thought Kingsley blushed and smiled a bit.

"Well," Donald said once they sat down, "do you like it?"

"Yes, it's very nice. I wasn't expecting such a, um, high class restaurant."

"Well only for you," Donald said as he shot a dashing wink at Kingsley causing the latter to go bright pink.

For a few minutes they talked and flirted and drank the complementary wine (Did Donald forge fake IDs for both of them just for this occasion? Yes. Was it worth just to dine fancy with his boyfriend? Yes.)

"You know," Kingsley started, "Red wine makes people want to do sexy things."

"Oh, I don't need wine for that," Donald said, smirking a bit, as he raked his eyes across Kingsley. To Kingsley it felt like wherever Donald put his eyes was set on fire, which wasn't a negative feeling. As a matter of fact for the next for minutes there were no negative feelings. Just bliss as they laughed and teased each other, enjoying costly wine. And then the waiter came.

"Hi there, my name's Hyuk and I'll be your waiter for tonight." He spoke with a tone that was a little too preppy. He saw Donald then and a look of fear crossed his face but in the next second it was gone. Yeah, Donald may be rich but he definitely didn't look like he should be in this restaurant, with his tattoos, piercings, and over all scary aura. What was even worse was that another expression came across the waiter's face when he looked at Kingsley. The emotion was one he couldn't place but he swore he saw some pity in there. Things just got worse from there.

     They ordered their food, all the while the waiter laughed and smiled a little too much when Kingsley spoke and tried to avoid eye contact with Donald. Once the waiter had gone Donald and Kingsley mostly brushed it off. Whatever it's not like they'll let one judgmental waiter ruin their date. But of course it wasn't just one waiter. People all over the restaurant were casting them strange looks and whispering things. On the surface he didn't let him bother him that much, but on the inside Kingsley was irritated and anger. He couldn't tell if it was because of Donald's appearance or the fact that it was the two boys on a date but whatever they were whispering about couldn't be good. However Donald didn't seem bothered at all. Kingsley knew he was bothered, but he still attempted to put on his best face. Donald probably doesn't want to ruin the mood. Kingsley smiled a bit. The fact that Donald was trying his best to keep the mood happy made Kingsley feel a bit better.

     The waiter came back with their appetizers once again brining upon an awkward mood again. Kingsley was almost certain the annoying waiter was trying to flirt with him (he even poured more wine in Kingsley's glass than he did Donald's) and was totally ignoring Donald. Once the waiter left again Kingsley took a sigh of relief.

     "You alright?" Donald asked.

     "Yeah it's just..." Kingsley said looking around with a frown.

"You want to...get out of here?" Donald had finally let his annoyance show. Clearly he was seriously bothered by the judgmental stares and the flirty waiter.

"We can stay here if you-"

"No, let's go." Kingsley said. He added a small smile to let Donald know he was fine with leaving.

"Alright then," Donald huffed out a sigh. He then hailed the annoying waiter.

"How can I help you two?" The waiter smiled, more to Kingsley than Donald, even though Donald was the one who called upon the waiter.

"We would like a check please," Donald said, the please being a little to strained.

"Oh, already? But you haven't even-"

"I said we would like a check," Donald stated harshly, putting his real scary face on. The waiter seemed on the verge of pissing his pants, but managed to keep it in.

"I-I'll get th-that f-f-for you th-then," the waiter (what was his name again? Hyuk?) scurried away, whimpering. Kingsley chuckled.

When the terrified waiter returned he didn't make eye contact with either of them and particularly threw the check on the table. After a few, painful and terrifying minutes for the waiter, the card had been processed and Donald and Kingsley were in the car driving back.

"Kingsley, I'm sorry it didn't go as planned." Donald actually looked pretty disappointed (and slightly pissed), and most the time he didn't even let on that much emotion.

"I have an idea," said Kingsley, wanting to cheer Donald up a bit, "let's not go home. Come on, I know a spot."

Donald took his eyes off the road for just a second to spare a glance at Kingsley. He gave him a reassuring smile.

"Ok," Donald finally answered, a bit hesitantly.

"This way," Kingsley pointed. About ten minutes later, they had found a spot on top of a hill ideal for star gazing, had there been any stars.

"You know, with all the lights of the city, we rarely see any stars." Donald said, seemingly happy again. They had sat down on the hood of the car, and Donald wrapped his arm around Kingsley.

"Yeah but, it's still a nice view." Kingsley was looking out over the city at all the astonishing lights setting a perfect bokeh backdrop.

"Definitely," Donald, however was not looking at the city. He was looking at Kingsley taking in every detail of his usually stoic face, which now held a small content smile.

Kingsley could feel Donald's gaze and turned to make eye contact.

"Happy anniversary," Donald smiled.

"Happy anniversary," Kingsley said before pulling Donald into a passionate kiss.