He is going to surprise Yeonjun tonight.

"Okay!" Yeonjun is wondering whether the younger knows that today is his birthday. He shrugged it off since this date brings back his painful memories about his last day in this world. Nothing is worth celebrating for him.

"I wonder what Kai is doing in his free time. Unlike you, he didn't live his life as a student again." Beomgyu said while his best friend is not yet around.

"He decided to isolate himself against anyone in this city. His family is here, and it might be hard for him to stay away from them." Yeonjun rarely sees him, now that he is with Beomgyu most of the time. They haven't talked again since that incident on the roof.

"Since Soobin is not yet going to die, do you think there might be a chance for him to reunite with him? Kai is doing his responsibility as a grim reaper, and your deity might give him a second chance in life." Beomgyu tried to set aside the sadness in his heart for having a different fate.

"I have the same thoughts. Maybe they are going to reunite soon since Kai's mission will end soon. Kai is a cool kid, better than—"

"G-guys, are you talking about Kai? Yeonjun, do you know him? I mean Kai, my boyfriend?" Soobin said with a fragile expression upon hearing his boyfriend's name.

Both of them become tensed, but unlike Beomgyu, the older can hide his uneasiness.

"Oh! Hey there, Soobin!"

"Hi!" Beomgyu awkwardly waved his hand, and Yeonjun decided to grab the younger's hand to drop the awkward greeting. Yeonjun enveloped his strong palm against the younger's hand to ease the nervous Beomgyu.

"I forgot that my friend has the same name as your boyfriend. We are talking about my friend who is a detective in Korea. His name is Kim Jongin, but Kai is his nickname." Yeonjun explained well to convince Soobin.

"S-sorry for making you remind of him." Beomgyu looked away.

"Don't say that. I got the wrong idea, so I apologize." Soobin trusted them enough not to feel any suspicions, even if he feels weird.

"It's fine! Sit down here and start the day with a smile!" Yeonjun tapped the vacant seat beside him.

Soobin sat as he finished eating his ice cream before the teacher could arrive.

Yeonjun clung his arms around Beomgyu's shoulder. He leans closer to his ears. "You need to calm down, or else, Soobin will doubt if we're telling the truth. Cheer up!" He whispered.

"I will be fine, as long as you're here." Beomgyu smiled, trying not to focus his mind on the guilt. He feels terrible for keeping secrets and for lying to his best friend.

"Smooth," Yeonjun remarked.

The day went faster, and Yeonjun separated from them in the afternoon. Meanwhile, after classes, Beomgyu went home, together with Soobin, who will help him with the surprise.

Soobin is helping in cooking the side dishes, while Beomgyu is baking with the guidance of his best friend.

"How's this?"

"It tastes too sweet! Yeonjun might get sugar crash from this!"

Beomgyu is back to zero, and he decided to bake again. He is quite a perfectionist now (also to impress the grim reaper), and he wanted to bake the best cake for his beloved. "Oh God, I think we're running out of time!"

"Chill! I know that feeling, so you need to calm down. You're more competitive and eager to this, compared to studying!" Soobin teases.

"I know. I'm not as good as you in studying, but you're dumber than me sometimes!" Beomgyu grabs some icing on the cake, wiping it to Soobin's cheeks.

"Says the one who embarrassed himself a lot of times in front of his daddy Yeonjun!" Soobin took revenge, and he uses both of his hands to scatter the icing to Beomgyu's face.

"Yah! I don't want to look like shit in my romantic night later!" Beomgyu attempted to shield himself.

"Where did you get that daddy thing? He's not my daddy!"

"He's your daddy, and you're his baby bear!"

The rest of the afternoon is chaotic because of these two best friends.

............