I looked up and I saw many faces looking to me expectantly. I was breathing fairly heavily and I was past the worst of it. I looked to Fury and he looked unimpressed. He turned to Tony who was watching with worried eyes.

"You awake Val?" Tony asked clearly wanting to know if I had fought it off.

"Told you so." I said looking to Fury and I couldn't help but give him a little attitude.

I had felt like he had been the one wanting to see me fail the whole time. I had finally proven him wrong and I could feel better. I could see people smiling and whatnot around the room and I hadn't expected that. I mean I had met several of these people, but to actually be excited for me was weird. I hardly knew any of them and they were here thrilled I was strong enough to fight off the control.

The door to the chamber opened and Tony ran up to me and I hugged him. I could tell he was relieved. I heard everyone clapping, but my eyes were on Bucky. He was looking at me so proudly I actually felt like I had finally done something worthy of myself. Ever since I left HYDRA I just wanted to be myself again and I finally felt this this was starting to happen for me.

"Thank you Tony." I said in a happy voice, but quiet voice.

"You're the one doing all the hard work." He said laughing softly.

"You believed in me." I said shaking my head.

"What else would I do? You better go give Robo-Boyfriend a hug before I do it for you." He said and I froze for a second.

"What?" I asked taken back.

"You heard me go on." He pointing. "I'll have the talk with you later."

He held up his fingers in quotation marks and I just eyed him. I had expected him to freak out and get angry, but he didn't. I gave him a cautious eye before he squeezed my hand and nodded me off. I turned and walked out of the chamber and Bucky immediately wrapped an arm around me and hugged me tightly. My feet had been lifted off the ground and I giggle with excitement.

I could feel eyes watching us, but in this moment I didn't care. It was my victory and I was going to celebrate it however I wanted to. I felt my feet touch the ground and seconds later his lips pressed against mine and my back arched into him. I smiled against his lips as I heard the sound of shock from those around us.

"You cool if we make things official now?" He asked laughing because it was obviously too late to ask.

"I guess we could." I said laughing still tightly held against him. "You'll have to take that one up with Stark since he's my honorary father."

"I already got the riot act a few days ago." He said and I just shook my head and kissed him again.

"And?" I asked softly.

"He's going to kill me later for this." He said and he cupped my face and kissed me passionately and I was taken back.

Bucky was never one for causing a scene or being so open. This was totally out in left field for him. I wasn't one to put this out there like we just did, but at the same time I didn't care. I knew what I wanted and it didn't matter who knew.

"Welcome back to the team." I heard behind me and I turned to see Fury who pulled my attention from Bucky.

"Thanks." I said in a small voice backing away from Bucky for a moment. "Sorry for the attitude."

He wore a sheepish grin, as did I. I had spent all this time taking and giving shit with Fury and I proved him wrong. I didn't want to boast or anything, but I did what he said I couldn't do. It took everything in me to not just scream 'I told you so.'