Chapter 2 ~ Instant Coffee

Silence filled the room.

Y/n raised an eyebrow when the seven hosts stared at her with evident surprise, with the exceptions of the tall black-haired one and the bespectacled male. And as much as she wanted to ask why, she had a feeling that something troublesome is about to happen so she just yanked the doors open and ran. She ran as if she were being chased by hungry dogs, which isn't really quite far from reality.

As she sprinted down the halls, she could faintly hear someone yell, and a feminine voice trying to stop them.

"Men, after him!"

"Guys, stop it!"

Luckily for Y/n and unluckily for the hosts, Y/n had spent most of her school life running to school that she developed high endurance and speed. One might ask: why would a princess run to school? Well, one, a limo would bring too much attention. She hates attention. Two, exercise is good for the body. And three, she may or may not be running away from the maids in her home that are always trying to squeeze her into a short skirt.

Anyhow.

She raced through the halls and made a sharp turn to the exit. Sprinting through the courtyard and skidding into the sidewalk, she looked around and quickly hopped into the bushes nearby. Then she waited.

Moments later, the group that called themselves "hosts" burst out of the school gates. They searched around for her and stopped when they couldn't find her.

"We lost him, boss," the twins said in unison.

"So we've lost him," the blond said thoughtfully. "Hikaru! Kaoru! You are both in the same class as he, correct?"

"Yep!"

"Could you two bring him to the music room tomorrow?"

"Yes, boss!"

"We should go back," the bespectacled male then said. "Club activities are starting soon."

Y/n waited until every one of them entered the school grounds once more before she went out of hiding. She dusted away some leaves from her clothes before making her journey back home. Her walk towards her apartment is rather brief. She sped up the stairs to the topmost floor of her apartment building and went to her unit. Fishing out her key from her bag's front pocket, she quickly opened the door and entered. She shut the door behind her and sighed in relief when the cool air in her apartment brushed her face.

"Ah, what the heck. Tomorrow is gonna be a pain in the ass," Y/n thought out loud as she dropped her bag on the couch. She stood still for a moment before finally deciding to take a shower. A much needed one, at that.

***

One might ask; why is a princess living in an apartment? Alone? Doesn't her family own a house or, also more commonly known as a mansion?

Well, they do own a house - mansion. Mansions, actually, with an S. However, the nearest L/n mansion is in an area that is quite far from the school. And since Y/n is the type that hates attention, and a car is not an option to go to school, her parents opted for her to stay in an apartment near school.

Y/n's parents carefully selected apartments within walking distance to Ouran and is in a safe area. Their final outcome is this building.

Y/n's unit is the biggest among all in the building and fully furnished. The furniture was chosen by Y/n herself. But, of course, her parents also chose some as well. They chose furniture that are sleek and elegant, and a bit more expensive than her own choices. Overall, the apartment interior has a black-white color scheme and is very well done and beautiful. Monochrome but with a little splash of color.