Episode 2: Barricade Challenge! Indomitable Roc!

Start from the beginning

"What the?!" The Roc blader would yell out, the defense type bouncing once as its casing's low hanging blades grinded against the stadium slope, a volley of sparks erupting from it as Roc gained its own burst of momentum from scraping, drifting as it attempted to finish the battle off with the same move it had done before. "Grrrr... You'll pay for that! SCREECH CRASH!" Rin would yell out as Roc attempted to use its scraping to drift, stamina loss minimal due to the smooth surface of the +Crush casing's blades as well as the freespinning ring on the Screech driver. 

"KEEP ATTACKING! YOU CAN DO IT BELLEROPHON!" Batal would yell out with frantic excitement as Bellerophon's own driver's Freespinning flat ring, generating more friction as Bellerophon charged once more, intercepting Roc the moment it began its descent into the center to prevent it from gaining enough momentum for a devastating attack. A shockwave would erupt from the stadium as the red-orange and yellow beys collided, both beys being sent back, with Roc hitting the stadium wall, though managing to use its smooth layer shape to prevent major damage as it rolled off the stadium. Rin's blue eyes blazed with excitement as Roc once again charged Bellerophon, the two bey's meeting in the center for a collision, Roc drifting to get there as Bellerophon simply charged down. The beys continued to shove each other away from the center, clashing multiple times as both attempted to swat each other to the outer ring, though it would be to no avail. 

"Break their assault! INDOMITABLE CHARGE!" Rin would call out, purposely allowing for Roc to be sent back after a powerful grinding collision in the stadium's center. Roc would once more scrape, though this time using the friction to land one powerful strike through a crash attack, using its inwards weight distribution that made it a defense type to increase the overall impact of its strike. "TAKE IT DOWN! ROC!" Rin would call out as Roc's orange and red aura erupted from the bey, the avatar screeching as its golden armor shimmered around its eagle like appearance, lightning-bolts appearing behind it as if it was calling them down. 

"I'M GONNA WIN THIS! LETS BURST OUT IN OVERDRIVE, BELLEROPHON!" Batal would yell out, a yellow and silver aura with hints of green erupted from the attack type bey as the avatar roared to life. A yellow and silver helmeted figure with a flowing green cape would appear, their right hand clenching around a spear as a brilliant white winged steed, adorned in gold and emerald green armor: the Pegasus, would fly in, Bellerophon's avatar riding it as they raised their spear, thrusting it into the air as their silver, yellow, green, and cyan armor shimmering with light as the avatar let out a battle cry. 

"LETS TAKE THEM DOWN! BATAL!" The voice would ring out in the Bellerophon Blader's head as the boy unleashed a battle cry, Bellerophon charging down the stadium's slope to meet Roc in the center, both Batal and Rin grinning with excitement and anticipation as Batal cried out to his bey.

"LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" Batal would yell, Bellerophon's avatar bringing back its silver and gold spear as the Pegasus neighed, a cyan rhombus shaped gem in the center of  the blade guard on the silver spear tip, which glowed with yellow light, thrusting it forwards in a manner similar to how Valkyrie had done in previous incarnations for its attacks. Roc's avatar would screech, swooping forwards as it unleashed its talons as the two bey avatars clashed, the spear of Bellerophon meeting the talons of Roc as a massive explosion erupted from the center of the stadium, both bladers, as well as Gigi and Iki, bracing themselves against the explosion as both Roc and Bellerophon were sent up. The sound of two beys bursting was heard, and when the explosion subsided, both Roc and Bellerophon's burst pieces clattered to the stadium floor, Roc's layer rolling slightly after bouncing before toppling over. Shocked, both Rin and Batal would look to Albert, who had not braced himself against the explosion and had seen the full outcome...

"Bellerophon burst under a second before Roc," Albert would say, extending his left hand to Rin, who's eyes would go wide as a grin came across his face, showing pride and arrogance, though a sense of excitement coming from him as well. "Therefore, with a burst finish, the winner of the battle is Rin Avara!" 

"AWWWWWW MAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!" Batal would yell out, falling on his back as he groaned in disappointment. Even with a Blazing Shoot, it was still not enough for Batal to win... he and Bellerophon still had a long way to go. What was that voice in his head, though, and why was it encouraging him?

"Ha! I told ya I'd mop the floor with ya!" Rin would yell out to Batal, grinning as he arrogantly held out the reassembled pieces of Roc towards Batal, though his arrogant smirk would subside, replaced by a genuine smile. "I'll admit though, ya got close," He would say, shrugging and closing his eyes and turning away from Batal, not expecting for Batal to run over with another challenge.

"BATTLE ME AGAIN!" Batal would yell out to Rin, who would leap back slightly out of surprise as he watched Batal with a determined hyperactive smile on his face, Rin scowling as Batal once again violated his personal space. 

"What did I tell you about personal space, kid?!" Rin would yell out, using his right hand to try to hold back Batal, who would fling his arms around frantically as he attempted to try to challenge the Roc blader once more, Rin obviously getting annoyed. "I only agreed to one battle! Nothing more you klutz!" Rin would yell out, obviously stressed out as Batal continued to press on with his challenge to him. The two would bicker back and forth, Rin continuing to try to deny Batal a challenge as Batal kept pressing on, yelling that he would "Break through Roc's defenses," and "take him down the next time they battled." Gigi would sigh, facepalming as Iki gave an awkward chuckle, rubbing the back of his head with his left hand as the two bladers continued to argue. Albert would only chuckle as he thought about what had happened during the battle... 

"Batal... your spark has just been ignited. I cannot wait to look forward to your growth as a blader," Albert would say before walking over to a small counter in the room, taking out some cooking supplies to try to make the bladers some lunch as Rin finally gave in to Batal's challenge.

"OK FINE. I'll battle you again if you just back away, aight?!" Rin would yell, Batal letting out a triumphant shout as he scrambled back over to the arena with haste, grinning as he attached the reassembled Bellerophon to his launcher. 

"This time imma take you down!" Batal would exclaim, hopping from side to side with anticipation as Rin smirked arrogantly from across the stadium.

"You better pull off another blazing shoot, kid, or else this'll be a waste of time," He would say, an arrogant shrill in his voice as he shrugged. "You probably just got lucky with that last one. Doubt you'll be able to pull it off again," He would say in a smug manner.

"LUCKY?! YOU ONLY BEAT ME LAST TIME BECAUSE OF LUCK! I'LL SHOW YOU A BLAZING SHOOT!" Batal would yell out in an enraged manner as steam came out of his ears, his teeth grinding as he shifted into his new launch stance, obviously ticked off. Gigi would roll her eyes, smirking as she walked to the stadium's side, right between them, bringing her hand over the stadium as the referee.

"Ready... SET!"

"THREE! TWO! ONE! GOOO SHOOT!" Both Batal and Rin would yell out, their green and light blue eyes shining with determination respectively as Bellerophon and Roc were unleashed by their launchers, Batal grinning excitedly with determination as a small smirk crossed Rin's face. Maybe this wasn't such a waste of time...