Chapter 42

We spent the next few hours just chilling on the beach, swimming, and eating multiple ice creams. It was nice not having to shy away from Harry whenever my brother was around. Ethan seemed happy enough with the new news and his was the only opinion I was truly bothered about – aside from Harry's of course.

I looked up from the book I've been reading to see Harry and the other boys all passing a football between each other. The people in front of me were the most mismatched and unlikely - yet still perfect - group you will ever find. I couldn't help but to allow a big smile to creep up my face. For a birthday no one knew about, it couldn't be more perfect.

--- No one's POV ---

"Hey lads, I think we need to start heading back soon."  Josh shouted, stopping the ball under his foot.

"Come on, five more minutes man." JJ moaned. He couldn't understand why everyone was so eager to pack up and get back. The sun was still up, and the air was carrying the same heat it had all day.

"Dinner reservation." Simon called to him from a few feet away.

"Ah shit yeah." JJ laughed at his own forgetfulness.

"Where we going for food?" A confused Molly asked to the other eleven. Even though the small party was being kept a secret, they decided it was best to keep everything else out in the open so that the youngest Payne wouldn't suspect anything.

"There's this place on the shore front that we thought we could try – actually have some of the local cuisine." Josh smiled warmly at her.

"Sounds good to me." Molly placed her book back in her bag. "What time are we booked in for?"

"Quarter past seven?" Vik replied in a slightly questionable tone, waiting for someone else to confirm. Josh nodded in response.

"What time is it now?" Molly asked. Talia reached for her phone.

"5:30."

A look of panic washed over all the girls faces as they began flinging all their belongings into their bags.

"What's with the sudden rush?" Harry walked towards Molly and helped her place their towels into one of the bags.

"We only have an hour and three quarters to get ready." She snapped back in an unintentional harsh tone.

"Whoa okay, that's plenty of time?" Harry wasn't too sure why he was taking the brunt of the timing, but he still wanted to do whatever he could to help.

One thing about boys is that they will never understand the stress of having to shampoo, shampoo again, condition, wash, shave, wash again, dry off, moisturise, dry, and straighten/curl your hair, pick out an outfit, do a full face of makeup, actually get dressed AND take nice photos before a night out.

"Bog, it really isn't." Talia called out with a small laugh.

"Well, let me come and help then." Harry asked innocently as all the other boys decided amongst themselves they were going to stay at the beach a little longer.

"Harry, as much as I love you, you'll just distract me more." Molly suddenly stopped packing her bags. In fact, she completely froze from doing anything.

'I love you'.

Just as she had realised what she had said, so did Harry.

Molly couldn't bear to turn around to look at him. She didn't mean it.

Did she?

--- Molly's POV ---

I realised what I'd just said. I honestly thought my heart was going to fall out of my arse and drop right onto the sand below.