I heard my mother laugh and she looked over at the two of us before she said to my father, "Don't look at me. He may have my face but he's entirely your personality." My father chuckled before I heard the doors slam open and a loud, "Rhys!" My uncle Cassian strode into the room with wings wide before he tackled my father. I smiled as they messed around before my mother called out, "I don't know how you put up with them Azriel.  They are children in grown fae bodies."

    I saw Azriel walk in then with Gwyn at his side. The Valkyrie was dressed in full armor and her bright scarlet hair was gleaming against the black of her uniform which matched Azriels. Azriel immediately grinned in an expression I learned from my mother he barely ever wore before Gywn. I saw Cassian drag him towards their scuffle. My mother threw up her arms in defeat but Gwyn just cheered on Azriel from her place next to my aunt Nesta. My aunt had her black leathers like Gwyn but she didn't wear the white ribbon around her forehead like Gwyn did.

     Only did everyone freeze when an angry shout was heard. Nesta paused her drink and looked over the rim of her water before I saw why. Amren was stalking into the room, as she was chasing after a group of my cousins and siblings. I laughed when I saw my friend at the lead. Azriel's eldest, Karyan. She was laughing as she hurried the last of the children in. I realized why Varian who was right behind them was laughing so brightly. Amren was currently seething at the shadowslingers daughter as she was covered in glitter of all colors.

     I couldn't help my chuckle and my father apparently couldn't either as his laugh echoed and a bright smile was on display. He stood next to Azriel who was trying to stifle his laughter and a hysterical Cassian who could almost not stand. My father did take pity on her and waved a hand which made the glitter disappear. Amren looked about ready to explode when Cassian just slung an arm over Varian's shoulder and led him to get a drink.

   I would have joined them but I felt a playful punch on my side. I looked down to see Karyan smiling up at me. Her Illyrian leathers are colors of deep purple and black to help hide herself in the darkness. She was my most trusted spy. She could be serious when she wanted to but her sense of humor was the only thing that kept her sane after she saw some things.

    I smiled and nodded to the twins to gather everyone as I said, "Let's chat briefly." Rainer looked over everyone closely and beckoned. I saw my mother arguing with the youngest of the family to go upstairs despite their reservations. My youngest brother didn't want too leave with Azriel son, them both of similar ages but entire different. I looked to my sisters who had gathered around and said "Neith would you please take them upstairs." Neith perked up from where she sat. She never had a hand for weapons and war. She was trained but after a while Neith had more of a hand for teaching and mothering than she did a soldier.

Neith smiled as our brother ran to her and she bundled him into her arms. Azriel's son was trying to stay with his mother but Neith bundled the toddler up into her arms as well and left. I saw the cold look Rainer had, that very much reminded me of his mother when she was cross, before I said, "This is what makes her happiest. Being in the middle of fighting and politics isn't her." Rainer nodded but I knew what he was thinking. She was basically defenseless with her refusal to train, and despite any risks she refused to be coddled. I knew Rainer didn't understand my sister and he judged her for that, frankly I didn't understand her either, but I told him anyway, "Did she tell you that she wants to be a school teacher? Said she wants to work with children and help them find their right path. Help teach them art, reading, fighting. All of it, so that they can choose for themselves what they want to be."

I saw Rainer shake his head, as if the thought had never occurred to him. Yet despite his surprise he still held a judgemental gaze before he said, "I have no doubt she will help a lot of people." I nodded but calmly reminded him, "Being the daughter of the high lady and lord was never what she wanted. She just wants to help people." Rainer nodded before turning away from her. To him she was turning her back on the family and despite me believing she was only following her own path, it didn't mean I didn't somewhat see his meaning. But I was drawn out of my thoughts when I heard movement from the hall. Suddenly the left door, which had barely swung shut from my sister swung open and I saw a large form enter. I saw Amren give the figure a rare smile. I smiled brightly as the man entered the room with uncertainty as he looked around. I smiled at Amren's son before I called out to him, "Samael!" The muscler figure turned to me and he smiled before he called out, "Nyx!"