XXVII. Rancore

♡ ♡ ♡The same, the same, the same, are we not? It's wrong

♡ ♡ ♡
The same, the same, the same, are we not? It's wrong. So wrong. But we're lonely. So lonely.
♡ ♡ ♡

Frigid water dripped off his eyelashes and messily overflowed down his neck. It uncomfortably seeped into his shirt, the cloth stuck to his skin making him shiver.

Hanzō had splashed cold water on his face with closed eyes and inhaling deeply through his nose, his controlled breathing stuck in his chest. Not even the icy water woke him from his trance.

His barely open eyes lost the staring contest between him and reflected purple eyes splattered with blood. His breath hitched in the back of his throat, an uncontrollable shudder shaking through him.

Badum.

Badum.

Badum.

His heart raced, flatlining and picking up as he heard the whispering echoes of a heartbeat that wasn't his. The haunting rhythm seeped past the hands clamped over his ears, drowning him in its sound.

Badum.

Badum.

Badum.

It looped endlessly and he had to wonder if this was purgatory. There's so much blood. He shivered. The blood covered his eyes and became the only thing he could see.

He retched, eyes tearing as bile slugged up his throat and onto the floor.

He couldn't control the tears pooling beside the throw up nor the continued gagging, seeing only red.

There's so much blood.

The silence was almost deafening as the dead eyed boy stared him down.

"Takana."

The fuck? "Yeah?"

"Tuna mayo."

"Thanks, I guess." Don't ask how Hanzō understands, he doesn't get it either.

"Shake."

Hanzō took a spoonful of his fruit rice. "Why're you here?"

The grey haired boy gestured to his cup of tea, blue tattoos uptilted in a mild smile. Hanzō nodded, not bothering to make any more conversation, it's not like he had a very verbal partner anyway.