XXI. Cotton

♡ ♡ ♡I take it, I take it, this unfulfilled wish washed up ashore♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡
I take it, I take it, this unfulfilled wish washed up ashore
♡ ♡ ♡

'Give the prison gate's boundary to me! I'll add it to my collection.'

I came here partly to play. I thought that if I couldn't kill him, it wouldn't matter.

But...

He thrust before me the difference between us.

My pride as a cursed spirit, as a new-found human...

Absolutely cannot accept this!

"The most effective measure against a domain is also expanding your own domain." Gojou started to slip down his blindfold. Hanzō still wasn't paying the most attention, he gnawed at the cigarette stick. "When a domain is simultaneously expanded, a more polished sorcery will control that place. Though it depends on things like compatibility and the amount of curse energy."

Hanzō clapped his hands over his ears as soon as Fuji-san opened his mouth wide, expecting another round of shouting.

"Not even you ashes will be left, Gojou Satoru!" Fuji-san screeched shrilly and Hanzō was glad he had covered his ears and likely wouldn't be going deaf anytime soon.

Gojou brought his blindfold to his neck and once again lifted a nonplussed Hanzō by the scruff. "Domain expansion: Immeasurable void."

The world around them splattered into white paint and the dark blue swirling of the universe.

Throughout the transformation of the domain, Hanzō saw flashes of a sewer-like place filled with liquid and shrouded in black. It went on forever in all directions and had nothing at all inside of it. The liquid acting like a floor remained unidentifiable and Hanzō thought there might be nothing at all in the dark domain, until he saw an image of a refined torii emerging from the dark waters. Its red paint was decorated with white rope and tassels strung along it.

The torii drew him in and enraptured him so, he couldn't focus on anything else—he couldn't think of anything else. He just wanted to stroke his hand on its wooden surface and feel its every detail.

He didn't even notice when Gojou explained why Fuji-san couldn't move.

Hanzō just... wanted to walk through it...

The image zoomed in closer and closer and closer, it felt like he could stretch out his hand and cross through it.

The temptation grew stronger and he could no longer differentiate the torii in the sewer from actuality.