Chapter 4: The Bet

Maul held Ashoka "my sweet we need to get back to the base.... I want the droid to check your vitals... im worried about how your feeling." Ashoka kissed Mauls chest... "Maul im pretty sure this is normal when it comes to pregnancies.".... Maul gently moved Ashoka off his lap and stood up holding out his hand "my lady.... please lets go back to the base I want to check on you make sure your in good health." Ashoka rolled her eyes alright Maul........ maybe some of the others would like to come too?" Maul placed his hand on Ashoka's cheek "ill ask my lady but you are my priority.".......Maul and Ashoka made their way out of the room where maul saw Viscus not far from the room "brother.... can I speak with you for a moment?" Viscus turned and looked at Maul "of course what do you need?"..... Maul placed his hand on Viscus's shoulder Ashoka is pregnant...... I need to get her back to the base and check on her vitals."..... Viscus raised his eyebrows in shock.... "pregnant?...... we haven't had a ZABRAK baby born here in a long time.... its been about 15 years now!"...... Maul gave a small smirk "well then I guess there will be a new addition to the tribe..... you and the tribe are more than welcome to join us...... and Feral is still alive too.... he is on a mission right now though."..... Viscus gasped "Feral is still alive???" Maul smiled "yes he is he has been helping me and I have been training him." Viscus smiled..... " me and a few others will go with you I will send the others back to the village since now i see you are in control of Dathomir now."....

Ashoka walked over to the two.... "Viscus im sorry for the abrupt notice in leaving.... but Maul insisted."....... Viscus smiled at Ashoka "my dear I understand there hasn't been a child born here in a long time so it is quite exciting...... the rest of my men will bring a prepared meal later tonight to your den.".....Ashoka smiled "thank you for understanding and for feeding us ."..... Maul and Ashoka started heading for the speeder Viscus followed "Brother Maul..... you two get back we will come later on with the food...I understand your concern.".......Maul got on the speeder and Ashoka got on behind him wrapping her arms around Mauls waist and they took off back towards the cave.

once at the cave Maul picked Ashoka up off the speeder and carried her towards the entrance " Maul Im pregnant not disabled I can walk.".... Maul gently set Ashoka down "My lady Your energy was already low today I just want to help." Ashoka smiled and took Mauls hand... "If I'm feeling helplessIll ask for your help my love." Maul gave Ashoka a smile "ok good....... Droid? Where are you?".... the medical droid came around the corner "yes lord Maul"....... Maul made eye contact with the droid "droid I need you to run some tests on Lady Tano, shes been feeling under the weather." The droid pulled out a few syringes "yes my Lord.... Lady Tano you will only feel a pinch as I take some blood..... I will also do a full body scan." Ashoka nodded and sat down in a chair "Maul... I can feel your menacing stare." ......... Maul smirked and walked over to Ashoka"My lady i just want to make sure your ok........ I dont want anything happening to you.......... or our son."

The droid began running tests and had given Ashoka a two hour time frame.... Maul took Ashoka's hand... "my lady come with me." maul and Ashoka walked out of the cave and he led here to the ridge that over looked the valley as the sun started to set...... "sit my lady." Ashoka sat down and Maul sat behind her cradling her between his legs as he wrapped his arms around her......Ashoka stared off into the distance as she watched the sun set "it's beautiful Maul..... the sunsets here are amazing." Maul chuckled and ran his hand along Ashoka's lukke " Almost as beautiful as you." ... Ashoka blushed and placed her hand over the one Maul had wrapped around her stomach.... Maul and Ashoka continued to watch the sunset in each others arms until the tests had finished.

The medical droid approached Ashoka and Maul "My lord she appears to be in perfect health the only thing that is different is she is carrying a child.......the child appears to be about 4 weeks along and in perfectly good health..... Lady Tano May experience fatigue and morning sickness on occasion but otherwise nothing to worry about..... Also, Lord Maul since this has occurred it seems that your body has finished fully healing since you are now fertile again..... usually this can take any where from six months to five years depending on the patient"...... Ashoka stood up... "see Maul nothing to worry about...... I know you know im not weak Maul........."..... Maul stood up "My lady I know your not weak im just a little more protective in nature ive lost everything before.... I dont want to lose it now.....Is this what having a normal life feels like?"..... Ashoka smiled and wrapped her arms around him giving him a kiss on the lips..... " As close to normal as we can get, and its ok im pretty hard to kill too I think you learned that." Maul chuckled yes my lady you are......... Ventress and Feral should be back in a couple of days ill let you decide if you want to them right away.... but im sure, me being a little more on edge will tell them for us."..... Ashoka giggled "yes Maul im sure they will read your menacing stare you tend to give when your feeling a little........ little more intense........ who do
You think would guess first Maul?" Maul smirked "probably Assaj she's always suspicious." Ashoka giggled "I dont know your brother seems to be really good with his intuition we will see if either of them guess." Maul pulled Ashoka in a tight embrace "we shall see my lady we shall see."