“Can I walk you home?” Dan offers.

“You’re in your pajamas, silly.”

“Fine.  But promise to come back soon?”

“As soon as you want me back.” I laugh.  I say goodbye to the boys, then sprint back home.  When I run through the front door, Jess is there with, as promised, a complete outfit ready for me.  “Thank you so much!” I say, hugging her.  “I have to take a shower first, though.”

“Go!” she says, forcing a smile.

“Are you alright?” I ask, concerned.

“Yeah, just go get ready.” She replies.

“We’ll talk later.” I say, grabbing the outfit and then walking into the bathroom.  I quickly shower, stepping out and wrapping my bathrobe around my dripping body.  I cover my hair with a towel in an attempt to have it dry faster. 

I put the solid black, long sleeved dress on, admiring the way it floats away from me at the bottom.  It reminds me of the first dress I wore to the auditions, but without the print.  I pull up the see through dotted tights, then wrap the silver belt around my waist.  It is a bit big, but too beautiful not to wear with this otherwise simple get up.  I brush through my hair, which has now completely drained of the blue tones.  I don’t have time to recolor it, so I hope that the director likes seeing my natural hair.  I leave it straight, embracing my hair this way for a change.  I then turn to my makeup, sitting down in front of a mirror.  I conceal my dark under eyes, as well as any blemishes I see.  I rim my eyes with black eyeliner, not too much but just enough to make my eyes stand out.  I apply a few coats of mascara, and finish the look with chap stick.  I look myself over in a full length mirror, then walk into the lounge. 

“You look great.” Jess smiles.  “Is that belt too big for your waist?”

“Kind of, but it’s alright.”

“How is that too large?” she mumbles before saying, “No, come with me.”  We go to her room, and she drags me to the closet.  She rifles through multiple different options until she finds the one she was looking for.  She pulls out a crystal-like one that has two black ribbons to tie in the back.  “This one should fit no matter what.” She laughs.  She wraps in around me, forming a bow with the ribbons.

“It’s perfect.  Are you sure you want me to borrow it?”

“Of course.  It looks great; you look great. “ I thank her as we walk to the lounge.  She hands me a bag, and I throw my necessary stuff into it.  I put on the shoes she picked out, then top off my outfit with my winter coat. 

“I’ll see you in a bit.” I smile as I walk out the door.

“Break a leg!” she calls from behind me, giving me a thumbs up.  Once the elevator arrives, I plug in my headphones and listen to When You Can’t Sleep At Night by Of Mice & Men as I hastily walk to the theatre.  I arrive with a few minutes to spare, but head in anyway because it’s extremely cold.  I take a seat in the waiting area, still listening to my music when someone sits next to me.  Before I get a chance to look up at them, they rip out my ear buds.

“Hello.” He says smoothly.

“Hi.” I snap, slightly annoyed that he did that.

“What’s your name, babe?” he asks, a half-smile creeping onto his lips.  I already don’t like him.

“Penelope.” I respond, unable to ignore him.

“James.” He smirks, his eyes not venturing from me.  I smile awkwardly at him, not wanting to talk further.  “So what part are you up for?”