Chapter 6: Date Night - Niall and Jess -

After Harry and Erin left for their date, Jess walked around the house, waiting for the Irish man. Fifteen minutes later, the doorbell rang, giving Jessica’s stomach immediate butterflies. She shook herself of all nerves and went to open the door. Once she did, she saw Niall in dark washed jeans, a white polo and red Suprahs.

“You look handsome.” Jess stated.

“Thanks. You look beautiful.” He replied, taking a good look at her. Jessica was dressed in a light purple summer dress and white wedges; her hair loosely curled. “So, you, uh, ready to go?” Niall asked a bit nervously.

“Yep! Let me just lock up the house.” Jessica did so and they were on their way to wherever Niall planned to take this girl for the night.

After about ten minutes, the car stopped in front of the promenade. “Yay! I haven’t been here in years!” Jess exclaimed, racing out of the car.

“Then it’s good I brought you here.” Niall laughed, wrapping an arm around her waist as they began to make their way into the promenade.

The two of them, walked around, window shopping but eventually stopped at Dairy Queen. “So what do you want love?” Niall asked Jessica, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Jess thought she would feel sparks like she normally would when a guy put his arm around her but oddly, she didn’t feel anything special this time.

“Um…I‘ll just have an Oreo Blizzard.” Jess replied.

“And I’ll have a Snickers Blizzard.” Niall said. The cashier wrote down their order and gave them their receipt as he turned around to make their desserts. 

After their ice cream was done being made, they thanked the cashier and made their way out of the little ice cream stop of Dairy Queen. “You know Niall, this has been a really cute date.”

“Tanks, it has been fun.”

“It has indeed.” Jess said. They began to eat their ice cream again until Jess stopped in her path.

“What’s up?” Niall asked curiously.

“I LOVE THIS SONG!” Jess exclaimed as Black or White by Michael Jackson began to play through the speakers. “Come on! Dance with me!” Jess said, grabbing both of their ice creams and putting it on the nearest stable thing. Once she did that, she grabbed Niall’s hand and began to dance with him to the song – but knowing Niall, he stood their awkwardly. “Come on Nialler! Do your Irish thing!” Jess winked at him. He laughed and began to do his legendary Irish dance which made Jess fall into fits of laughter, making Niall laugh as well.

 After the song was done and applause was given, the two of them began to make their way back to Niall’s car.  When they got there, Jess leaned her back against the car, looking at Niall and how slow he was walking. He finally made his way over and put his arm against the car, leaning towards her – for a kiss. Jess was hypnotized by Niall’s lovely blue eyes but then realized, her heart didn’t belong to him. For some reason, she just couldn't get Harry off her mind. Her heart, belong to a special curly haired Brit boy who stole her heart years ago. She returned back to reality and noticed how close Niall was to kissing her. She immediately put her hands on his chest, pushing him off a little bit.

“Sorry Niall, I really do like you, love you actually – but as a brother. This date was so much fun, but I just can’t be in a relationship with you because my heart belongs to someone else.”

“Harry?”

“How’d you know?”

“I’ve seen the way you look at him whenever he’s around. You want to know two secrets?”

“What?”

“I have known you have been smitten over Harry ever since 8th grade.”

“Crap. You could tell even then?”

“I’m good at this stuff.”

“Ha-ha. What’s the second secret?”

“I haven’t really told anyone this so you better keep your mouth shut.”

“Swear.”

“Okay, I love you too – but as a little sister. And know I’ll always be here for you. Anyway though, my heart belongs to someone el –“

“Erin?”

“How’d you know?” Niall smirked.

“I’m good at this stuff.” Jess winked making Niall laugh.