The Boy In The Back

Start from the beginning

"If you insist, then I have no reason to refuse." He said, sighing. Yes! I did it! I began to walk away, but his voice called out to me.

"Before you go, what's your name?" He asked, focusing on me. I could feel myself smiling.

"Karuizawa, nice to meet you!"

Thursday

I woke up feeling really giddy, all because of that boy. I had successfully pulled off a conversation with him.

But there was a tiny problem.

When would we hang out?

I never specified a specific time, nor did I give him my phone number to contact me.

So now I have a mission.

Get Ayanokouji's Phone Number!

Timeskip

There he was, at the back of the class again. But this time, he looked at me while I came in. Nobody else was in the classroom at the time, so it's understandable.

"Hey...I don't think we discussed a time to hang out." I said nervously. He seemed unbothered by this.

"Any time is fine for me, since I don't really have any friends." He said, keeping the same voice throughout. That was quite sad, he doesn't seem like that bad of a person.

"How about tomorrow? It's Friday after all." I said, completely ignoring his last statement.

"Sure." Ayanokouji replied. This time he didn't look at the window, but he did look nervous.

"U-Um, I don't know how to say this, but....could I possibly have your number, so we can discuss the details more?" He asked nervously. I was going to ask him myself, but I guess he did it for me.

Apparently, I was silent for a bit, because Ayanokouji panicked a bit. "If you don't want to, you don't have to. After all, having someone like me in your contacts isn't the best thing in the world."

"No! It's not like that, I just spaced out a bit. Here, take it." I said, handing my phone to him. He stared at it for a while, and eventually brought out his phone. Clicks of typing could be heard as he quickly typed my number into his contacts.

He handed me the phone back. "Here you go, I'll call you eventually."

The mission was done.

Timeskip

I laid on my bed, staring patiently at my phone. A certain someone should be calling me any minute now-

Ring

Ring

RIng-

[Hello?]

[Hey, Karuizawa.]

That nice and silky voice scratched my brain again.

[How ya doing?]

What are you doing, Kei? What kinda conversation starter is that-

[Pretty good, what about you?]

Nevermind, it worked. Get back to the gameplan.

[Good, even though I'm pretty bored.]

[Oh.....okay.]

Wait, did he take that the wrong way?

[Not saying that you're boring or anything! It's just that I've had nothing to do all day, so....]

An awkward silence ensued as we waited for one of us to say something.

[What do you like to do in your free time?]