The aroma of his brew couldn't go unnoticed. The girl had her broad eyes glittering, expecting the coffee to come soon. He would giggle, but it wouldn't be a friendly one if she heard it.

They both thanked the clerk who just served two cups of coffee on the table. That was awkward, they thought.

Not only that, they both lifted their cup and took a sip at the same time, and savoured the flavour as it is their habit of drinking coffee.

Not wanting to drag the awkward scenes further, he broke the ice.

"Could you tell me what you're looking for?"

"Just a thing." She responded impatiently. "It's nothing much, I can search it myself."

"I can't let you wander around in the middle of the night all defenceless like that." He tightened his grip on his cup handle, which didn't go unnoticed by the girl. "It's too dangerous. Let me help you."

"Why would I let you help me?" She fumed and slammed her palm against the surface. "I don't even know you. I don't know your intention. You could be trying to use me for God knows."

"No- Listen."

She took a long sip of her coffee and smashed the aluminium cup on the table, startling even the clerk who was a distance away.

"I'm leaving now. Thank you for the coffee."

The moment she tried to rush out of her seat, he grabbed her by the arm and stopped her motion at once. Her glare is now directed towards his gripping hand.

"Ya! What are you doing?" She retorted while pulling her arm out of his grip.

"Listen! I'll tell you everything you need to know. I'm Hwang Y/N, just a college student."

She remained silent, the name sounded a little too familiar.

"I wouldn't be helping you for no reason at all. It's because I've seen you struggling to find something that seems very precious for the third time this week, to the point you would sacrifice your safety, I just had to come." He admitted as the girl weakened her whole body that was stiff as a board.

"S-So? That doesn't change the fact that you're still a stranger to me."

"Let me help you find what you're looking for. At least, if tonight serves you well, you wouldn't have to look for it anymore tomorrow." He assured.

Y/N let go of her arm and she placed the reddened area from his grip on her chest.

"That must've hurt... I'm sorry."

"Back off." She scoffed, and he did as told.

It was that today she almost gave up finding the precious ornament. Her hope was for a miracle to happen, and if Y/N is the one she needed, should she gamble on it?

"Can I trust you?"

"1000%" He guaranteed with a smile. "And I'll leave you once we find it if that makes you happy, deal?"

"Does that mean I have to be stuck with you until I find it?" She trembled.

"I believe that while you still haven't found what you're looking for, I'll still be seeing you walking around the empty streets at night. So you might as well."

"I can't believe you just said that so easily to someone you just met!" She sighed.

Her foxy eyes frowned, her lips tightened - she was more dominant than ever. "But just so you know, once I see that you have some ulterior moves, you're done for." She warned.