"Should I?"

Maeve could already sense that the puppy eyed boy was not going to believe a word her brother was saying, "It's a signal," Scott's attention turned to her, "When a wolf's alone, it howls to signal its location to the rest of the pack."

"So if you heard a wolf howling, that means others could have been nearby. Maybe even a whole pack of them." Stiles' frantic voice seemingly booming in comparison to Maeve's steady low tone.

"A whole pack of wolves?" Oh boy.

Stiles and Maeve shared a uneased look as she started to reply, "no...".

"Werewolves."

Something triggered Scott as he grew instantly annoyed at his best friend, standing up abruptly, "Are you seriously wasting my time with this? You know I'm picking up Allison in an hour."

Ouch. That kinda hurt a part of Maeve.

"I saw you on the field today Scott, okay. What you did wasn't just amazing, it was impossible. You made an incredible shot , the way you moved, your speed, your reflexes, people can't just suddenly do that overnight. Then there's the vision, the senses, and don't even think I don't notice you don't need your inhaler anymore."

"He has a point Scott, we've both noticed." Maeve spoke up, but she didn't like the energy in the room - Scott and Stiles seemed to be on contrasting spectrums - which was rare.

Scott glanced at Maeve in disbelief, almost betrayal, before he turned back to Stiles, "I can't think about this now. We'll talk tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?! What? The full moon is tonight! Don't you get it?!"

Maeve was uncomfortable with direction this was taking, and she slowly started leaning off the bed, ready to physically intervene has both boys were stuck in a heated argument that was threatening to escalate.

"What are you trying to do? I just made first line. I got a date with a girl who I can't believe wants to go out with me, and everything in my life is somehow perfect. Why are you trying to ruin it?" Scott spilled out like a damn breaking.

In a gentle voice Maeve tried her best to calm the two down, "Scott we're just worried, it's an alarming amount of coincidences," but he just ignored her.

"We're trying to help, you're cursed Scott."

Maeve internally groaned at his choice of words.

Stiles explained the concept of bloodlust and how it can be caused by your pulse rising, and to be honest, Scott looked like he could kill Stiles right in that moment.

"I have never seen anyone who raises your pulse like Allison does, except maybe M-" he stopped himself from finishing as his eyes quickly shifted to his sister on the bed, "You gotta cancel this date."

In a blink of an eye Maeve saw her brother go from reaching for Scott's phone to Scott pinning him to the wall 10 feet away, "Give it to me!"

Maeve stood up, "Scott stop!" and just as he was about to punch Stiles he stopped and hesitated. The look on her brother's face was heartbreaking as he waited for his best friend to hit him, only for Scott to let him go and push the desk chair instead.

"I'm..I'm sorry," and suddenly all the anger was gone, "I gotta get ready for the party," Scott grabbed his bag and looked at the horrified look on Maeve's face before he walked out the door, "I'm sorry."

Both twins just stood there for a few long seconds to process what happened, Maeve taking a cautious step toward her seemingly frustrated brother, "Are you okay?"

Stiles didn't answer as he froze in his spot.

"Stiles?" He turned the back of the chair to her, Maeve gasping as she saw the claw marks.

"We better get ready for that party."

...

The twins decided to go to the party together but as soon as Lydia spotted her best friend she practically shoved a shot of cheap vodka down her throat.

"I've been waiting for you! There are some people I want you to meet!" Maeve found herself being dragged deeper into the house, leaving behind her brother as she looked back in defeat.

"What are you feeling like tonight? I've got a Hunter for you or a Skyler, take your pick," the strawberry blonde spoke as they walked in the kitchen, Lydia handing a red solo cup to Maeve, "by the way love the outfit, red turtleneck is kinda risky - given it doesn't give a lot of room for fun without having to take it off - but the blue and plaid mini skirt makes it work."

Maeve just smiled, despite her actions this summer she was not planning on hooking up with anyone tonight, "I really was just gonna do my own thing, probably dance with Danny and his boyfriend for a little while."

Lydia just laughed into her friend's hazel eyes, "yeah okay, guess I'm choosing for you. Let's see, I spy a ..." her green eyes scanned the room like a predator looking for prey when her eyes lit up, "Hunter!"

A tall, blonde curly haired boy came up to the two girls, his brown eyes scanning Maeve up and down like a damn copier.

"Hey Lydia, who's this pretty little thing?"

Ew.

"Hunter this is Maeve, Maeve this is Hunter, have fun!" With that she left, probably to makeout with Jackson.

Maeve was used to gross - but still attractive - guys looking at her like this, all last summer Lydia had been pairing her up with people, or has Lydia called them, "distractions" - but Maeve was not in the mood to entertain.

"Look Hunter, I'm sure you're a nice guy, but I'm not here to hook up and I'm not interested so to save your time I'm going to go find my brother and our friend." Maeve walked out of the kitchen, throwing the cup Lydia gave her to the trash and went to find Scott and Allison around the pool. Just as she managed to locate the pair, someone turned her around by her wrist.

Hunter.

"Hey I'm just here for a good time and from what I've heard from my friends at Beacon, you are a good time."

If she were a fireplace then someone just threw a match to light some flames, "excuse me?"

"I mean you have reputation, not just here but I've got a friend back at Devenford who says they spent some...quality time with you over the summer, and I'm just curious if you live up to it."

Maeve would have reacted if she didn't notice Scott suddenly running out of the party, Allison following loosely behind. She was brought back into her reality when she felt a hand, on her ass. As her neck snapped in the direction of Hunter, who looked too smug, the Stilinski twin wasted no words as she grabbed his wrist and kneed him in the balls.

"You bitch! I swear I'll..."

"You'll what? Cause I'm sure the sheriff - my father - would love to hear how you got yourself hit in the balls by his daughter - whom you harrased and groped at a party." He didn't say anything as he doubled over in pain, some people were watching, but Maeve just made her way back to the house trying to find Allison, Scott, or her brother.

The brunette made her way through the entire house and nothing, so she went to the front yard to call Stiles and tell him to meet her at the jeep when he pulled up in front of her right as the phone rang.

"We have a problem, get in."

*unedited*

Yeah this is kinda long, but I'm trying to get a feel for how long I want these to be. Anyways finals are over so yay! I hate author's notes. Hope you enjoy!