Welcome home [Ben x Reader]

Start from the beginning

As a sudden idea came to you, closing your wardrobe, you headed to Ben's commode, opening the top drawer to reveal his t-shirts. They were the right size for him, but to your smaller frame they seemed as though they were nightgowns. With a small smile across your face, you picked up a black t-shirt and threw it on the bed. After removing your clothes, you threw them in the laundry basket and picked up Ben's shirt pulling it over your head, adjusting it on your body, leaving you only in your underpants and his shirt. The clothing smelt exactly like Ben even though it has been washed already since he last wore it. His scent left you standing in your room with a soft smile as you held the fabric against your nose, trying to replace his presence with his scent. Of course, it wasn't successful, but it was certainly better than laying across the sofa, stuffing food in your mouth and acting dramatic.

As you stood in the room, you heard a light noise from the entrance door as though someone was trying to open it. Frowning, you picked up a lamp as protection against the burglar and hid behind the bedroom door, giving you a clear view at the entrance. However, the intruder wasn't just anybody, but your dashingly handsome, dark haired, tall, and overly positive boyfriend.

"Ben!" You exclaimed with a surprised, but happy grin spreading wider across your face. Dropping the lamp on the floor, you started running to the door, jumping in Ben's embrace, wrapping your arms around his neck and your legs around his waist tightly. "I missed you so much," you spoke, your voice slightly shaking from the excitement.

"I missed you too," he replied softly, hinting a small kiss in the crook of your neck.

"How?" You asked, knowing you didn't need to continue the sentence, he understood.

"We were supposed to stay, but they ended up using some of the previously shot scenes instead of keeping us longer, so here I am," he chuckled playfully as you started hinting silly little kisses all over his face before you pulled away.

"Why didn't you tell me?" You asked, leaning back in his shoulder, hiding your face, enjoying his hold around you, his strong arms wrapped under your butt, his breath fanning your neck. It was as if his mere touch recharged you and now you were full of energy, excitement, and a content feeling.

"I wanted to surprise you," he smiled softly as he placed you on the ground, leaving a light kiss on your forehead. "Although it seems you are the one with the bigger surprise," he raised his brow playfully, earning a confused frown from you. "That outfit," he ran his eyes over your body shamelessly.

"Oh, this?" You asked, holding the hem of his t-shirt. "I missed you and it smelled like you, so I thought I could wear it" you confessed, feeling your cheeks heat up as Ben's intense gaze ran over you once again.

"Did you miss me that much?" He asked, chuckling. Stepping closer, he cupped your cheeks and leaned his forehead against yours as he closed his eyes. "I missed you just as much," he whispered tenderly, before he pulled back a tad to be able to look at you, "but I'm not sure I would look as good as you if I wore your clothes," he laughed at his own joke, earning a punch on his arm from you and a deadpan expression.

"Oh, just go back," you huffed as you tried to walk away, but he got hold of your wrist and pulled you back against him, your palms flat against his chest.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, it was too funny, I couldn't keep it in," he chuckled, squeezing his lips together, trying to hide how entertaining he found himself to be.

"You are not helping your situation," you scoffed.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry," he kept apologising, but he wasn't genuine, if anything your blank expression made it more entertaining for him.

"You are playing with fire," you replied with a warning tone.

"I like fire," he smirked proudly, enjoying as your patience slowly vanished into thin air. Growing tired of his wittiness, you grabbed the neck of his sweater and pulled him down to your lips, contently sighing into the kiss as your lips met, his silent laughter long gone. It's been months since you felt his lips on yours, his arm involuntarily sneaking around your waist, his hand placed under your jaw to guide you for better access. Every single part of your body was burning wherever he touched you and it seemed in the end it was you who were playing with fire.

Breaking the kiss, you opened your eyes, wanting to see your boyfriend's handsome face that you have missed so much. A boyish smile spread across his face as he looked at you, a small, mischievous twinkle in his dark eyes, still dazed by the kiss. "If I knew you would welcome me like this, I would have run home faster," he breathed softly. "I missed you so much," he exclaimed as he leaned closer again, meeting your lips halfway, trying to make up for the last couple of months that you had to spend separated without being able to touch each other, feel each other and kiss each other.

Notes : If you enjoyed reading this little piece, please don't forget to leave a like and/or comment. Thank you ^^

If you enjoy my stories, please consider donating and supporting me on Ko-fi. Of course, it's completely your choice, I will continue updating for free anyway :) Thank you <3 [ ko-fi.com/heloisedaphnebrightmore ]