Chapter 21: Return

Y/N groans as he looks and he is in his own bed in Wayne Manor having a bandage around his chest but mostly covering his back. He sees Alfred by his bed putting the bandages in the plate.

Y/N: What... happened?

Alfred: Master Dick managed to get you and Damian back here in one piece, I'm surprised that explosion didn't kill you.

Y/N: My skin is harder due to the ACTH. Where's... Cass?

Alfred: She got taken by Heretic. Master Dick is trying to find their location.

Y/N: I need... to save her.

Alfred: Later, right now, rest.

Y/N lays back looking at the roof as he shows a sad face.

Y/N: I'll bring you back... whatever it takes.

The scene changes to Cassandra face close up looking dead like zombie, her eyes with more light brown color than usual with a laser going through her eyes, and besides her... it was Bruce looking more zombie. Someone was making the procedure, which was Mad Hatter.

Heretic: Still no progress, Tetch?

MH: So much memory. So much experience. It's a delicate job, threading my way through the layers. You, on the other hand, could be reprogrammed in an hour. You're like wet sand, compared to this concrete. His trauma runs so deep. It's as if he defines himself by his pain. Such madness. She in the other hand is easier, David gave me a schematics of her brain, it does work a bit different, I can either eliminate her defense and make her able to talk more or eliminate her talk and make her into the weapon she truly is.

He gets a sword to his neck and sees at his left Talia.

Talia: You have to dig deeper. Push past the trauma. *Mad Hatter stops the procedure as Talia walks towards him* To the child he was, before he lost his precious parents. Then, you'll break him. And then, he'll be ours, the same way she'll be ours.

MH: You make so easy, Talia.

Talia: Easier than dying, Mr. Tetch.

Heretic: We had the detonators. But the bat was there, waiting for us, and the so called Ex Messiah.

Talia: Grayson and L/N.

Heretic: Not just them. The boy.

Talia: Of course.

Heretic: He was nearly killed, but I saved him. *putting his hands in her shoulders* I saved him.

Talia: *taking a moment to process* I would expect no less.

Heretic: We should capture Damian. Bring him here.

Talia: I prefer to keep my son at arm's length. For now.

Heretic: But if we remove him from the battle till it's over, then...

Talia: I've told you, no. I told you to eliminate F/N but even with that you failed!

Talia angry walks away as Heretic looks at her walk away.

MH: I know why you want the boy, Heretic. I'd stay away from that rabbit hole, if I were you.

Heretic: Mind your own business, Tetch.

MH: *as Heretic walks away* Nothing would give me more pleasure.

Talia is shown walking to a room as it shows David putting a robotic hand in where his right hand was.

David: How's the kid?

Talia: We're getting there, we will move to eliminate all her memories with the family and-

David: Don't... there won't be enough time, that could take almost half a day.