Chapter Thirty-One

|| February 1st, 1945. Austrian Alps ||

The wind whistled down on the mountain side. The Howling Commandos led by Captain Rogers had made it to the Austrian Alps after the SSR had cracked the encryptions from radio transmissions from Hydra. This allowed the SSR to send out the Howling Commandos to the Alps as Doctor Zola was being transported further behind enemy lines.

When Ophelia heard the news of the mission, she knew it meant the possibility of facing her captor again, the Doctor who almost sent her into insanity. The capture of the 107th in the Hydra facility was a sour spot for not only Ophelia but also Bucky. The two had been the only ones forcefully tested on. Bucky's thoughts were very fuzzy and he was confused when they found him, whatever they did to him knocked him back in some ways. Ophelia on the other hand, could never be alone, she was afraid of staying in a room alone in the dark. Along with her fears of being alone and men in white coats, she developed her nightmares after they injected her with a possible super soldier serum, although no one was sure about that.

Ophelia looked down on the train tracks as the team waited for the train to come across. It was cold and the wind nipped her nose, causing it to turn red in the crisp air. The line from the mountain ledge where the team was, extended out towards the other mountain ridge past the train tracks. Gabe sat next to his portable radio, listening in the the transmissions from Hydra officers. Everyone else kept their eyes open for the train. Steve stepped closer to Ophelia as she looked out over the ledge, it was a far drop down from where they were.

"Hope your not afraid of heights." Steve joked.

"Yeah well," Ophelia looked to him, "Not much I can do about that now." Ophelia turned to Steve, "I've got a bad feeling Steve." She whispered, Steve turned to her.

"Everything will be alright, I promise." Steve softly smiled, trying to calm her anxiety. Bucky joined the two near the ledge, placing his hands on his belt.

"Remember when I made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky looked over the valley.

"Yeah, and I threw up?" Steve didn't look at him.

"This isn't payback, is it?" Bucky, Steve and Ophelia looked up at the wire which they would have to use to get to the train.

"Now why would I do that?" Steve grinned as Ophelia huffed.

"We were right." Gabe piped up, everyone turning to him, "Dr. Zola's on the train." Bucky and Ophelia exchanged a glance, "Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad."

Ophelia shifted on her feet as Steve put his helmet on, getting ready for when the train comes. Bucky looked at the uneasiness that came from Ophelia. Every man there started to get the team harnessed up for the line down to the train.

"Let's her going because they're moving like the devil." Monty said as the group turned to the bridge across the valley. Speeding on the train tracks was the train, and it was coming.

"We only got about a 10-second window." Steve said hooking himself up to the line. Bucky helped strap Ophelia into her harness. "You Miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield."

"No pressure." Ophelia huffed.

"Mind the gap!" Monty yelled over the wind.

"Better get moving, bugs!" Dugan laughed.

Steve held onto the rope that would guide him down for a moment, waiting for the right time to glide down. As soon as the train came around the corner Steve jumped down and used the rope to ride down to the train. Bucky was next and also glided down soon after. Ophelia stood behind him, watching him glide down, knowing she was next. Gripping her rope, she too glided down to the fast moving train. Gabe was right behind Ophelia as they all moved towards the train.