Chapter Twenty-Six

|| April 27th, 1944. Danish Hydra Research Facility ||

For the next year and a half, the Howling Commandos and Captain American did what they promised. Traveling across enemy lines, they risked their lives destroying Hydra bases and factories to stop whatever plan they were planning. No matter where they attacked, the Howling Commandos were always one step ahead of Hydra.

The group hid further up the mountain as they looking down on the research facility, planning their next attack. "What's in this factory anyways?" Dugan asked as he sat with his back on a rock.

"Experimental weapons." Steve said looking down to the factory, using his telescope.

Ophelia looked around the area, "There's a small village nearby," she pointed West, "if this goes wrong, innocent people could get hurt."

Steve looked towards the small town, "Look," Everyone brought their gaze towards the town. Bucky took the telescope from Steve and looked to the town.

"Their rounding up innocent people." He sighed and handed the telescope to Gabe.

"We have to do something." Ophelia said turning to Steve. Steve didn't look at her, his eyes stayed on the facility.

"We can't break up the team." He said softly.

"Steve," Bucky stepped forward, "I'm with Anne on this, we can't let those people get hurt." Steve sighed and look towards the town again.

"Alright fine, you and Ophelia go and take out those guards, after that, meet back here." Steve said sternly.

Bucky and Ophelia looked at each other and nodded, both grabbing their weapons and making their way down the hill towards the town. "What's our plan?" She asked as they tried not to slip on the mud.

"I'm not sure," Bucky sighed, "that's normally Steve's job." He chuckled.

As they approached the woods near the town, Ophelia stopped and saw a group of ten Hydra men standing at the edge of the woods before the town. Ophelia pulled Bucky down and behind a tree, her hand over his mouth so he wouldn't make a noise. Ophelia's legs were on Bucky's lap as they hid under the tree as a group of soldiers passed them, their weapons ready in their hands. Once the men passed, Ophelia took her hand off his mouth, she looked down and saw his hand on her thigh. Bucky looked at her and saw where his gaze was, he quickly removed his hand and mumbled a sorry. Ophelia took her legs off his lap and leaned out over the tree, seeing only ten guards at the edge of the woods.

"There's only five soldiers." She turned back and saw Bucky looking at her, lost in another world, "Earth to Buck." She waved her hand in front of him, causing him to blink and fully focus on her. "You alright?"

"Yeah, yeah," he whispered back, he turned to the soldiers and picked up a rock nearby, throwing it across from them.

Two of the soldiers turned and walked towards the sound of the rock. Bucky pointed to the one closest to Ophelia, she nodded, sneaking up behind the Hydra soldier and taking him out. Bucky did the same with his and the two slid behind the tree again, hiding the bodies in behind another nearby tree. Three Hydra officers guarded the entrance of the town.

Ophelia turned to Bucky, "What now?"

"We could just go out there and take them out." He shrugged.

"And get killed?" Ophelia shook her head.

"I'm sorry," Bucky said sarcastically, "do you have any better ideas?"

Ophelia looked at Bucky and sighed, "Fine," she looked towards the two, "You get the one on the left, I'll get the right." Bucky nodded and started to walk sneak towards the soldier.