32 - Truth

Amelie's pov
_________________

I couldn't believe what I'm seeing. It seems like everything make sense now. The reason why he looks familiar. The power and strong posture he holds. His authorised voice which made me fear. It was all that of a King's.

I couldn't believe that this man in front of me is the long lost, said to be dead king. King Artorius Knight. The Lycan king. Mate and husband of The Regina Malicious.

I remembered the letter I read years ago. So he really was alive all this time. He really was hiding with the help of the witch spell.

"Dad?" Kail gapped at the man.

"Lycan king?" the words left my mouth.

Kail turned towards me. "how do you know that?" he asked. "th-the... the letter. The letter in the Ancient Myth Book. I read it." I was still gawking at the man.

"so you were the special one. That letter was casted with a strong magic by a witch. Only someone different will be able to read them." King Artorius Knight smiled. I shrugged still in a daze.

"Amelie! Kai- holy fucking shit! Dad?" Caden came out of the woods. Soon enough Callie, Camille and the whole group appeared.

"no way. Dad?" Callie whispered. "this isn't another dream, right? I'm not imagining this right?" tears welled up in his eyes. "I don't want this to be a dream either." Camille whispered too.

"this isn't a dream my princess. Come here!" King Artorius Knight said to his daughters and they rushed to his arms. It was a heart touching moment. The King looked at his sons and smiled, "come on."

Caden took his 2 sisters and his father in a bear hug while Kail stood there frozen.

I looked up at him and saw the vulnerability in his eyes. The longing, pain, hurt, love. He just stood there. Like a statue. I felt my heart ache for him despite everything he put me through.

"Kail." I touch his arm ignoring the familiar sparks that erupted from the surface. Kail didn't respond so I called his name a few more times. "Kail!"

His face snapped towards me. Then he looked back at his father. "go Kail. Go to him." I whispered lightly. He looked at me. I gave him an encouraging look, "go." he looked back at the Lycan King.

Kail took slow steps towards him as if he is confused at what he is doing. Callie, Camille and Caden stepped away from their dad and smiled at Kail.

Kail stopped in front of the king. And he just stared before mumbling, "dad.". "Kail." the king smiled at Kail and hugged him. Kail too hugged him back. I saw his body start to shake, that's when I realised he was crying. "I missed you!" Kail cried tightening his arms around his father. "I missed you too, my son." the king too tightened his arms around Kail.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes, so I wiped them away. A smile slipped through my lips. I looked around to see everyone was smiling.

"I thought I lost you! It hurt dad! It hurt!" Kail tried to pull away. But the king held him still. "you didn't lose me. I was always there. Now come on. Let's go to the pack house and we can talk there." the king patted Kail's shoulder and pulled away.

"come on!"

But Kail stopped and turned towards me. He came and stopped in front of me. "Don't leave, Ams. Please. I can't live without you. I need you, please don't leave." he whispered to me.

"she isn't gonna leave! Now come on! Seeing that you 2 are mates, and are having problems, I believe I need to have a serious talk with the two of you." the king said.

.....................

"so you have been hiding all this time?!" Caden asked when his father finished telling everything. "yes. I'm really sorry I left you guys. I just... I felt like I'm letting you down by weakness of losing... Aerowyn." the King- I mean Artorius (he asked me to call him by his name instead of being formal) said smiling sadly.

"You don't have to be sorry dad. Just... please don't leave us this time." Kail said to him. Artorius nodded, "I won't. Not this time. Now everyone get out! I need to talk to Kail and Amelie now."

Everyone got out of the room leaving only the 3 of us behind. No one spoke. The tension has started to raise. I could feel Kail tensing as well.

"I know that you both are mates. And I know that you both are having problems. Kail. I am sorry to say this, but I am disappointed in you. You know why. You know how things went between me and your mom." Artorius stood up from his sofa and walked towards the balcony.

I knew what he was talking about. I don't know much, but I know that he rejected Aerowyn as the letter said.

"You saw everything with your own eyes, Kail. You saw your mom break. You watched me regret my decision. Then why did you do it, Kail? She is your mate."

"dad.. I... I do regret my decision. I... I thought... I thought I could save her that way." Kail's voice came out a bit cracked. "from what?" I couldn't help but ask a little too harshly. "because all I remember is you hurting me, not saving me. So from what were you saving me?"

"from... myself." he sighed. I was a bit taken back. What did he mean by himself?

"if from yourself, then... then don't forget that you still hurt me. You couldn't save me from yourself Kail. You couldn't." I replied.

"I know! I'm sorry! I... I can't even forgive myself for that!" Kail yelled out of frustration.

"You both made mistakes. Kail, thinking letting your mate go would protect her is wrong. Keeping her with you and fighting whatever is coming together will keep her safe. But remember, that she won't be safe all the time. There will come times when you can't save harm. But if she is with you, you can lessen the damage done. And Amelie, I think you should give him a chance to explain. I know he hurt you badly. The pain given by your other half is really bad, I have experienced it too. But trust me, when you give him a chance to explain, you can give yourself to think. You can understand his choice, I'm not saying all of what he did is right. Because they aren't. But then you can understand his secrets as well. You can understand his decision and everything. And let me tell you, maybe that could give both of you a chance in future and that's the best feeling. You will be thankful later if you both end up together." Artorius turned towards us.

"that's all I have to say, I'm gonna go out and meet the others. You both won't get out of here till you both discuss all this. And Kail, tell her the truth or I will." with that he left.

Kail sat across from me. I didn't look up at him nor did he look at me. We just sat there in the uncomfortable silence. I kept playing with the hem of my top when I felt his gaze on me.

"alright. I will tell you the truth. But... this is not gonna be easy." he started. I looked up. "I don't know how to start or explain this. Can you... can you give me that book?" he asked, pointing at the book on top of the table. I nodded and gave it to him.

"please don't freak out. I don't want to scare you." he said taking off his black leather gloves making my eyes widen. What's he going to do? I have seen him take off his gloves but never touched anything and I mean ANYTHING without those gloves.

"w-what are you doing?" I asked confused. "watch." he replied and took the book with bare hands.

The next thing that happened made my eyes widen. "KAIIILL!"

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮

Love

Quinn