29 - He Is Sorry. He Regrets.

Amelie's pov

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"-se. I'm so sorry for hurting you. Just come back. Please. Wake up, Amelie."

Kail's voice woke me up from my deep slumber. I felt his hand holding mine. I wanted to pull away. But then again, I can't move. No matter how hard I tried. I just... can't.

"Amelie. I don't know if you can hear me. But..." he paused. "god. I sound like a pussy right now." he sighed. "but I'm still going to do this. For you, Amelie. For you. Like I said before, you probably can't hear me. But I still want to tell you this. No matter how hard it is to me." he whispered.

"Amelie. I know I treated you like shit. Especially... last week... I... I should have been able to control Drakos. But I couldn't. God, I feel awful. You have no idea, Ammy. You have no idea how much I'm hating myself right now." his voice held pain and anger. Guilt and regret.

"good. You really should be ashamed of yourself!" I wanted to yell at him. "I hate you! I hate you even more now!"

But there still was a part of me that got flattered when he called me Ammy.

"Ammy. I can't forgive myself. I don't think I can ever. And I know you hate me even more now. Who wouldn't? I'm such a monster." he laughed bitterly.

"yeah, you really are a monster."

"when you wake up... I... I- I will give you space. I won't even.. talk to you if that's what you want. I won't even annoy you or whatever you call that. I will stay... a-away from you." his voice held so much guilt and pain that it almost hurt me.

"stupid mate bond."

"I will do what you want me to do. But please don't leave me. I... I don't know why but I feel like I'm missing a part of me without you. Ammy. I have fallen for you. Long ago. I have fallen deep in love with you... even before you left, Ammy. I hurt you because I needed you to hate me. Because... you don't deserve someone like me. You deserve so much better. I'm a man who kills and destroys everything. I am a man who has hundreds of enemies. I... am the reason of..." he stopped as if he said something he shouldn't have.

"just... just come back, Amelie. Wake up, little mate. I miss you." I felt a feather-like touch of his lips on my forehead.

"I need you, Amelie. I can't bear this. It hurts Am. It hurts. Please come back. Wake up... Am." I felt something wet on my hand.

Is he crying?

That's when I started to hear soft sobs. Sobs of the man who broke my heart. The man who broke me. The man who is the Hybrid king. The strongest of all.

He sounded so... broken. Like.. he is lost and all alone.

"Amm. P-please wake up. I- I can't loo-se you too. Please. Please w-ake up, Am. Please. I c-can't loose an-another im-portant person in m-my life. Please, Amm. If I loose you... I don't think I can live with it. I really don't think I can. C-come back... Please." he cried softly.

My heart clenched at how broken he sounds. No matter how hard I tried to stay cold at him, I couldn't. My heart still... belongs to this one man.