Chapter 23 ~ Sync

Start from the beginning

"Okay I'll set the music then let's start."

*

We didn't have to stay in the unwanted embraces for too long, which I have to be glad about. Christie felt the need to claw her fake nails into my shoulder and even with the tougher skin, it was beginning to hurt. However, that didn't bother me as much as Alan was, he pulled Amelia close whenever he got the chance and I was pretty sure his hand went lower than her waist.

How pathetic could a guy get? He knows she's going to get married and he knows that her fiance is in the same room. So what nerve does he have with his wandering fingers and eyes. If it was up to me he would be dead already. Amelia knew my tension, she could feel it from across the room as she danced and I was pretty sure everyone else could too. The uneasy smiles that Amelia threw to me weren't the best source of leisure either only showing that he didn't like what he was doing any less than I did.

Yet exchanging glances wasn't the easiest of movements when we were instructed to give our partners eye contact. Christie's eyelids were fluttering at a rate I assumed her fake lashes would fall off.

I only had to endure two songs, I had Amelia by my side not too long after. We gave the excuse of already knowing how to dance and being quick learners - it wasn't even a lie.

Amelia held my shoulder gently where it was previous clawed and I gripped her waist; her hand feeling perfect in mine as opposed to Christie's disproportionate one.

"This feels much better," Amelia whispered as the music serenaded us as we waltz on the wooden dance floor potraying a perfect example of two professional dancers, just with us we had more grace.

"You two seem like naturals, in virtually no time you'll have it all," Allison praised, smiling widely and lowering the volume of the stereo. "Now twirls and dips."

*

The dance class soon finished. Which I had to say I was happy about. The dancing wasn't bad at all, it was fun, I guess especially with everyone soon participating but it was the constant attention Amelia was given by Alan.

I knew very well he wasn't going to be a dilemma, but was it really necessary to look at my fiance that way? Well up to the point I threatened him. Telepathically, giving him the illusion he was going mental. His wide eyed response to my threat was enough to the smirk I had on my face.

"Finally, I bet you Max would've literally killed that guy with his eyes if we were in there longer!" Gabriel said as soon as we walked out the studio, towards our transportation.

"What would you do if someone was checking out your fiance in front of you?" I challenged, an arched eyebrow and crossed arms meeting the words.

"Ah, I understand you there. But bro, he looked like he was going to pee himself and that would be nasty. Imagine the stench of that!" He shuddered at the words, causing a few chuckles from everyone else. Amelia rolled her eyes, leaning against the motorcycle I had rented holding the helmet.

"Well that would be a scene I guess... I'm glad Christie kept at bay without me intervening," she spoke, smirking at her older brother who scowled.

"Her eyelashes couldn't come off fast enough and she's got claws," he complained, rubbing his shoulder. Amelia gave a sympathetic smile.

"Look at the bright side it could be worse."

"Gee thanks," Damien grumbled.

"It could be she could've tried to kiss you," I pointed out.