1. If you puncture a tire, always have a spare friend to shift the blame onto

"Will it ever be restored, Gengai-san? For such a thing to happen...! I almost cannot bear it.", you tenderly broke into a soft sob as you lightly grazed your fingers against your eyes, now glassy and wet.

"It's hard for sure but it has such a stubborn soul. [name]-chan, now don't you lose hope. We haven't failed yet at everything and it's never over until you absolutely fail at every possible alternative. Even if we do fail, we shall make up new ones.", The old man preached with a determined grin on his greasy face and you nodded at him decidedly, a lone tear settling on your lower eyelash.

"Oi—aren't the two of you getting a bit too emotional over a rusty bicycle!? She doesn't even ride that.", Gintoki spat as he poked his pinky into his nose casually and flitted the booger at Gengai who hit his knee with a spanner.

"OW OW!"

"Gintoki!! You dare to say this only because you don't know! You don't know that me and this bicycle! Me and this-this bicycle!—

"I have two years of loan left to pay for it.", you sigh dejectedly and Gintoki rolls his eyes, fiddling with his loose kimono sleeve.

"That aside, is it absolutely necessary that this old geezer has to see to your punctured bike?", he sits down on a carton nearby with his leg atop the other.

"The bike is not only punctured but bent in several places and the seat is missing.", You pointed out to the convenience of Gintoki who snarled at it.

"This is exactly what happens when you lend your bicycle to a terrorist for a day. I wouldn't call it a bicycle now, that's just a heap of abused metal.", Gintoki sighed at the woman's stupidity, shivering at the sight of the poor structure that once was a bicycle.

"You know I cannot refuse Zura! Also Gengai-san was the one who told me to bring it to him, said he'll change the spring too. Told me you are paying, thank you!"

"There's nothing much left of the spring though.", Gengai commented and raised his hand towards Gintoki for the money.

"I NEVER SAID ANYTHING LIKE THAT! YOU- "

"Thank you!"

"......"

Gintoki then made some small talk to the old man and continued to exit the shop, motioning you to follow him to his moped and you softly plodded your way to your best-friend of many years.

"What's the matter, Gintoki?"

"You're late for your job at the Shinsengumi right? Your leg won't stand such a fast walk. I still can't believe that you are working as a part-time medic for those damn tax robbers!", he scrunched up his face in disgust at the very remembrance of them, enticing a chuckle from you.

"Well, not many people come to my clinic here all the time and the pay there is not so bad Gintoki. Everyone there treats me well except for a certain someone and my office is quite snug.", you pointed your finger up the sky victoriously as if you and Gintoki stared at you with his dead gaze.

"And thank you Gintoki. For taking me there.", you shifted back a few locks of your [hair colour] hair which swayed in the wind around you. You looked at him with your [eye colour] eyes sweetly.

The wavy haired samurai was flustered. His ears grew hot and he struggled to put on his goggles properly, awkwardly fidgeting with them.

"Y-you should be. Gin-san is taking time out of his busy JUMP schedule to drop you to a place which he wishes were eradicated with a biological weapon."

Once you had hurriedly collected your medical kit and papers and strapped on your own helmet, you were set.

___________________