"yayorozu, go!" todoroki yells as he runs up to you. "i don't know if that's-" you get cut off by an unknown cloth getting wrapped around you. you grunt as you start to get pulled up with todoroki.

momo looks in horror as you two get tied to an electrical tower "is that what your plan is? if so, this'll be simple." aizawa says.

"i was always gonna catch you two first since you're the offense." aizawa says as he ties his capture scarf to a nearby pole.

"you think you caught me? i can burn or freeze through these in an instant." todoroki says.

"do whatever you want, just be careful where you land." aizawa warns as he throws spikes on the ground below you and shoto.

you furrow your eye brows "what are you, some type of ninja?" you ask as your eye continues to glow.

"this is very different from when you faced the hero killer. i know about your quirks and what they do." aizawa starts as he uses eye drops, ignoring your statement.

"i'm perfectly prepared to defeat all three of you." aizawa says. "your plan places most of the burden on yourself. you just let rai tag along which makes you both recklessly put yourselves in danger. it's nice you're trying to be considerate to yayorozu but, you should've actually talked this over with her." aizawa lectures.

it finally clicks in your mind as aizawa runs away. 'my suspicions were right. this wasn't momo's plan.' you think.

you close your eyes "shoto" you call out. said boy turns to you "yeah?"

"did you talk to momo about a plan?"

"....."

"shoto."

"no?"

you let out a slow sigh, "why not?"

"i thought my plan was good enough."

"i knew it. this one had too many holes for error. don't you know planning in momo's specialty?!" you say as you start to get frustrated.

"talked it over..." todoroki trails off.

"yes. talked it over." you sigh "if i had been with you two, maybe i could've avoided this." you think.

'i'm such... a horrible friend. i didn't even realize that momo was still having trouble with herself. she lost her confidence after the sports festival but i only talked her to make her feel better. i should've done more.' you think, defeated.

---

'how much farther until i'm at the gate? are todoroki and y/n okay? is this right? i wish i could make something to help me go faster. i can't make it. will i be able to pass this way? where am i running to? can i do this? or am i going to fail?!' momo's mind runs wild as she starts running to the passing gate.

aizawa makes his way to momo 'she obviously lost her confidence after the sports festival.' he thinks.

momo looks behind her and sees aizawa hot on her trail 'mr. aizawa? does that mean todoroki and y/n-' she thinks.

her arm gets caught in aizawa's scarf "gotta hit you where it hurts. let's see which one of us is stronger." aizawa says as he pulls on his scarf.

'i don't stand a chance against my teacher! wait, my quirk isn't erased. creation!' momo thinks as she creates something large around her arm, allowing her to slip out of aizawa's scarf.

'i'm sorry todoroki, y/n.' momo thinks as she changes direction.

'comparing herself to todoroki and y/n, she decided that they're the superior one. for better or worse, they never seem to hesitate. and she's lost the ability to believe in herself. emotionally she's still a child at 15. i'd like to help her regain her confidence. but that's not my job right now.' aizawa thinks.