𝘐𝘟

Sero sits across from Todoroki on the younger boy's futon, both of them waiting for the other to say something. Todoroki's red in the face and completely flushed, and Sero is looking anywhere but at Todoroki. "Sero," Todoroki says quietly, "I, um, I think you deserve a proper explanation for what I did today." Sero finally looks at Todoroki, and sees the tension in the boys' shoulders. "If that's ok with you, that is." He nods, and focuses on Todoroki. The younger seems nervous, and he takes a deep breath and collects his thoughts before he gives Sero the explanation he said he would give.

"Um, first, I want to apologize for running away after the kiss." Todoroki blushes at the mention of the interaction, as does Sero. "I was afraid. Not of you, of course, but of relationships. You know that my father's not the greatest person, and that him and my mother's relationship wasn't the healthiest, either." Todoroki looks down, and tries to fight back the tears that are threatening to spill. "They were really the only relationship I was exposed to growing up. And you also know that I'm afraid of me becoming my father, and I hated the way he treated my mom.

"From what my mom told me, when they first started dating, they were a happy couple. They went on dates and did normal couple things, I suppose. But once I was born, things went south. He treated her like an object, and she went through terrible, terrible things. Things that I'm not even too sure about.

"But I was afraid of becoming my father in all aspects, including relationships. I was afraid that something would happen to me and I would treat my partner, treat you the same way my father treated my mother."

Sero notices the way Todoroki chokes up, and he notices the way his voice wobbles as he continues. "And I know that this isn't a justifiable explanation for my actions, because I should have talked to you instead of running off, but I was just scared. Scared of what I could become."

Todoroki brings a hand up and wipes his eyes. "But then Tsu and I talked for a bit. She told me that since I'm already cautious of that, that I would never become him or what he was. And I want to apologize for that."

Sero opens his mouth to speak, but Todoroki brings a hand up and beats him to it. "I want to clarify that I do in fact having feelings for you. I don't think I could like anybody else. Everyone else treats me as if they have to walk around eggshells around me. Nobody wants to spar with me, everyone's on edge if they pick a movie with violence with it on movie night, and a lot of things that centers around me. And I appreciate them all for caring so much, but you treat me like I'm normal, I suppose.

"You treat me the same way you treat everyone else. Which may not seem like a lot, but when you're the son of Endeavor and a kid with a traumatizing past, everyone treats me differently.

"Everyone's changed, of course, and they don't treat me like I'm fragile anymore, but you never treated me that way in the first place. And I guess your kindness to me made me fall a little bit every day."

Todoroki bit his lip, still looking down. "I guess that's why I fell in love with you."

Sero's eyes went wide at the confessions but then he smiled sadly at Todoroki, bringing a hand up and cupping his cheek. "Oh Todoroki," he says softly, frowning a bit. "It's completely understandable to be afraid. If I went through the things that you did as a kid, I'd be afraid of being in relationships, too. And I always saw you as average. It wouldn't be fair of me to treat you any differently because of who your father is. And..."

Sero trailed off, biting his lip to keep in a smile. "I guess that's why I fell in love with you, too."

Todoroki's reaction was similar to Sero's his eyes wide and shocked. Sero blushed at his own confession, smiling softly at the way Todoroki's face lit up. "You mean it?" Sero nods, his other hand cupping Todoroki's empty cheek. "Of course. And you meant what you said, right? You do love me?" Todoroki placed a hand on top of Sero's, nodding. "Yes. I love you, Sero."

Sero scooted closer to Todoroki, and Todoroki did the same to Sero. Sero's hands stayed on Todoroki's face, and Todoroki's hands were placed loosely on Sero's hips. "Now, can we properly kiss? so think we messed up that first time." Todoroki laughed and nodded. "I think we should kiss, too."

Sero leaned in and kissed Todoroki, the lie second kiss much gentler than the first. They took their time, letting the feelings between each other settle. Sero smiled into the kiss, feeling ecstatic at the reciprocated feelings from Todoroki. Sero gently pulled Todoroki onto his lap, pulling back and running his hands up and down Todoroki's back. "That was a lot better than the first kiss," Todoroki mutters, and Sero laughs at that. Todoroki doesn't quite understand why Sero's laughing, but smiles at Sero.

-

Thirty minutes later, someone knocked on Todoroki's door. Todoroki's head rested over Sero's heart, Sero running his fingers through Todoroki's hair. Todoroki had fallen asleep a few minutes prior, and Sero didn't want to wake him. "Yes?" Sero said, being as quiet as he could. "Can I come in?" the other voice replied, to which Sero identified as Ashido. "Yea, sure."

The door creaked open and revealed the pink girl, who was smiling. She entered and shut the door behind her. "So, you two got your shit together?" Sero nodded, smiling at Todoroki. "Oh my god, you two are so cute. I'm gonna cry, Sero. I'm so happy for you!" She smiled widely, pinching Sero's cheeks. "And remember Sero, if Todoroki ever does anything that hurts you, let him know that I will melt his balls off." Sero rolled his eyes at her empty threat, and patted her head. "Yea yea. Now go talk to your girlfriends, who I'm sure are so excited to know our relationship status." Ashido rolled her eyes, but left, waving goodbye to Sero.

Sero looked down at Todoroki, and smiled to himself. He remembered the song that Todoroki showed him a bit ago, and realized that it was right.

They don't love you like I do.

A//N;
i just *clenches fist* love the brother-sister dynamic between sero and ashido. but, anyways, hello! sorry if this whole chapter seems rushed, i don't really know why i wrote it like this. but, this is not the end! i'll obviously write the class' reaction, and then maybe just future stuff? like pro-hero!class 1-a? if you guys have any suggestions, let me know. thank you for reading, and thank you for over 1k reads :D