𝘝

Class 1-A sat in the kitchen, eating the dinner that Bakugou had cooked for them all. "Thanks Bakubro, dinner was delicious!" Sero exclaimed, and Bakugou grunted in response. Sero smirked at the response and continued eating, trying to pay attention to the odd conversation Ashido and Kaminari were having. Something about their weirdest kinks? He wasn't really processing their words, and honestly, he was a bit afraid to. However, his eyes wondered over to the 'Dekusquad' - Midoriya, Iida, Uraraka, Asui, and Todoroki - and more specifically, Todoroki. The boy seemed to be listening on their conversation as well, as he wasn't much of a talker, but he nodded along to their words and made a small comment here and there.

To Sero, he looked perfect. It was a more lazier day for the class, so Todoroki was wearing a large, white sweater and a pair of black leggings that he remembers Todoroki buying just a few weeks ago. His hair looked soft, and it made him want to run his fingers through the dual-colored hair. He sat comfortably besides Asui on the end of the couch, his head tilted and facing the rest of the squad. Whenever he nodded, his hair bounced with his head, and Sero was a bit mesmerized by the movement.

"Sero!" Sero whipped his head around to face the rest of the Bakusquad, who were all watching him with an odd expression on their faces. He then noticed that the rest of the class, minus the Bakusquad in the kitchen and the Dekusquad in the common room, had migrated into their rooms. "Why the fuck are you staring at half-n-half like that, soy sauce?" Sero awkwardly smiled, shrugging and leaning back in his seat. "Y'know, dude, it's kinda like you're in love with him," Kirishima said, obviously not putting any depth into his words. However, when Sero blushed and his cheeks turned a bright red, Kirishima, along with the rest of the Bakusquad minus Kaminari, realized what it meant.

"Holy shit!" Ashido screeched, her eyes going wide and her mouth agape. Kirishima had wide eyes as well, and was looking between him and Todoroki. Bakugou rolled his eyes, but smirked. Sero groaned, resting his head on the table and hiding his face. Ashido had a huge smile plastered on her face, and she stood up abruptly. The Dekusquad looked over, and of course, Todoroki noticed his flustered face.

"Sero?" Todoroki's quiet, yet gentle voice made Sero lift his head up, looking over to where Todoroki stood. Sero brought a hand up to his cheek, and bit his cheek when he realized he was still blushing. "Are you ok? Your face looks a little red." At the obvious point out, he grew even redder. "Ah, I'm all good, dude!" He flashed a smile to Todoroki, ignoring the smirks and giggles he could see and hear and from his friends behind him. Todoroki nodded, smiling softly. "Oh. Ok, then. Will we still be reading manga after dinner?" Sero nodded, still smiling. "Yup! I'll be waiting in my room, so whenever you're ready!" Todoroki nodded, and looked behind him when Uraraka called for him. "Ah, I must go now. Should we meet in thirty minutes?" Sero nodded, his tongue tied up. Todoroki walked away, and he heard Bakugou laugh as the boy walked away.

Sero turned around, watching the way his friends stared at him. He saw the way Bakugou and Ashido smirked, and he internally groaned. "Don't," he said, but his plea was silenced. "Sero, my lovely Sero, Hanta, my Serobabe, you're so whipped for him! In love! Sero, we thought this was just a stupid crush, oh my gosh!" Ashido smiled widely, pointing her fingers at him accusingly. He sighed, running a hand through his hair. He looked over at Bakugou, waiting for him. "Raccoon eyes is right, soy sauce. You're sickeningly in love with him."

Sero rested his head on the table, nodding. "Yea, I know." "Dude, you have it bad. You're in love, doesn't that make you want to just confess?" Kirishima asked, and Sero lifted his head up, staring at Kirishima. "Confess? Kirishima, I appreciate the thought, but there is no way he reciprocates my feelings. And even if he did, he's not in love with me. Believe me." Sero didn't want to get his hopes up, didn't want to feel heartbroken when, eventually, Todoroki would reject him.

However, unbeknownst to Sero, Todoroki felt these same insecurities.

-

Todoroki knelt on the floor, staring at the small pile of mangas he had collected from this year with Sero. The boy began to offer some to him earlier in the year, saying that he had other copies and didn't mind giving them away. Though, in total, there were only about three full mangas, and that was quite small compared to Sero's shelves of completed mangas. However, those three completed mangas meant a lot to Todoroki. It signified the beginning of his friendship with Sero, and what brought the two together.

Todoroki stayed in his thoughts, his slim fingers running over the books. A small smile was brought to his face at the reminder of the first manga he ever read - Soul Eater. Sero and him read the manga, and then proceeded to watch the animation of it afterwards. It was one of the first shows that Todoroki had ever seen, and especially since it was with Sero, it meant a lot to him. He remembers the one time where he and Sero were discussing the show, and how Sero's eyes lit up in delight.

Todoroki remembers it perfectly. He had asked Sero a question about the ending, and how he thought of the anime's ending in comparison to the manga's ending, and Sero smirked. The older boy talked for what seemed like hours about the differences in the endings, his hands moving quickly as he spoke fast. Todoroki was a little lost, he will admit, but seeing Sero so excited and energized about it made him happy, in a way.

He was brought out of his thoughts when he heard someone knock on his door. He blinked, and stayed still for a few short seconds before standing up, wiping his pants off before opening the door.

Revealing Sero.

"Hey dude!" Sero said, giving Todoroki one of his iconic smiles. Todoroki blushed, assuming Sero didn't see. (He did.) "It's been about thirty minutes, and I just wanted to make sure you still wanted to chill." Sero seemed nervous, Todoroki noted. He was wringing his fingers and he kept looking down. "But, if you don't want to, that's fine too! We don't have to!" Todoroki smiled at how fast the words came out of his mouth. (This time, it was Sero's turn to blush.) "No, I would still like to hang out. Shall we go!" Sero nodded.

"We shall."

A//N ;
Hello, author here! I apologize for this update being SO late, I've been so busy with school recently. Also, thank you for all of the support this fic has gotten! I wasn't expecting this fic to be noticed at all, but thank for you reading <3