𝘐𝘝

Todoroki laid flat on his futon, music faintly playing in the background. He couldn't stop thinking of Sero, and he couldn't stop thinking of their planned hangout. They hung out quite a bit, most of the time they read some manga or watch movies that Todoroki's never seen before. He's never been this excited to hang out with him - no offense to Sero, but it was never this thrilling. Todoroki found himself unable to sit still, trying his best to focus on the song - 'Love Taste' by Moe Shop - echoing throughout his room. But even then, the English lyrics of the song kept bringing a light pink blush to his face.

"You're mine and mine alone. Girl taste my love, every single last drop. Won't be satisfied, baby, till' you begging me to stop."

Todoroki thought of Sero during the song. How Sero could be his and his alone. How he wanted to drown in Sero's love, Todoroki wrapped up in his arms, or even have Sero wrapped up in his arms. Todoroki knew that he still struggled to show affection, as it was evident to all of his friends and the entirety of his class, but he wanted to get better. Now, though, that he has a recognized crush on Sero, it makes him want to make progress even more. It makes him want to get better so that he can properly express his feelings to Sero without sounding like he's reading off of a script.

"They say when they hear my voice it's like promethazine."

It's true, at least, it is for Todoroki. Whenever Sero speaks to him, whether it be about English homework or the manga that he just finished, Sero's voice was like a drug, and Todoroki didn't ever want to become clean of it. His voice was smooth, gentle against Todoroki's ears, yet had a roughness to it that made Sero unique. It went down in pitch whenever he was tired, and up in pitch whenever he was excited about something. Todoroki took note of these small changes in his voice, as they helped him indicate the tone of Sero's voice. He had a bad time picking up on social cues, so this helped tremendously.

And don't get him started on Sero's singing voice. Sero hummed certain songs that were stuck in his head, and sometimes, he'll sing quietly in his room when Todoroki and him are reading mangas. Todoroki is always focused on his voice, soaking in the sweet, softness it has. His singing voice is a bit breathy, but he tends to hum or sing an octave lower, so it brings a chill down Todoroki's spine. It was so captivating, and it reminded Todoroki of how his mother used to hum around the house whenever his father wasn't home.

"I don't care what you say, I know one things true : they don't love you like I do."

Maybe, just maybe, that was true. Todoroki had seen that a lot of the class was already in a pre-existing relationship, and the few that weren't in a relationship had a crush. Todoroki and Sero had grown close, and Todoroki wondered if anyone else had felt the same as he did towards Sero. He even wondered if Sero had felt the same towards him, but Todoroki doubted that. It wasn't too often that your crush returns the feelings, so Todoroki threw that idea out the window.

He paused the song, sitting up and grabbing his phone. He needed some advice from his friends.

lukewarm —> mom(o)

lukewarm : Yao-Momo, how did you confess to Jirou that you liked her?

mom(o) : Oh! Well, she actually confessed to me.

lukewarm : Oh. How did she confess?

mom(o) : Well, we were studying in my room, and she played me a song she wrote that confessed her feelings for me! It was very sweet of her.

mom(o) : If I may, why did you ask me about Kyouka's and I's relationship?

lukewarm : I was thinking about ways to confess to Sero.

mom(o) : Oh that's great, Todoroki!
mom(o) : Do you have any ideas yet?

lukewarm : I was thinking about something with involving a manga. Both he and I grew closer over reading mangas.

mom(o) : Hmm. Well, I hope that you two work out! I'm sure he'll reciprocate your feelings, Todoroki!

lukewarm : Thank you, Yao-Momo.

lukewarm —> dollarstorekirby

lukewarm : Uraraka, if I may, how did you, Tsu, and Ashido begin dating?

dollarstorekirby : oh!!! hey todo!!!

dollarstorekirby : ok, so, mina kind of accidentally confessed?? we dared her to call her crush and both of our phones rang!! after some talking, we all started dating :D

lukewarm : Oh. That's all?

dollarstorekirby : yup!! how come?

lukewarm : I am planning on confessing to Sero soon.

dollarstorekirby : 😮😮

dollarstorekirby : oh my gosh!! oh my gosh!!

dollarstorekirby : let me know what happens!!

lukewarm : Will do. Thank you, Uraraka.

dollarstorekirby : no prob, buddy ol' pal!

Todoroki shut his phone off, laying on his back and staring up at the ceiling. He definitely didn't want to accidentally confess, because that would be entirely too embarrassing. Internally, he praised Ashido for having the guts to do so. The way Jirou confessed to Yaoyorozu, though, caught his attention. It was to no surprise that Jirou was a big fan of music as a whole, so confessing to Yaoyorozu through a song was perfect for her. And, like how he already texted to Yaoyorozu, both him and Sero enjoyed reading mangas together.

But how exactly would Todoroki do this? Neither him or Sero were big fans of romance mangas, as the two were more into fantasy and action mangas, and it was only once in a blue moon that the two read one. Plus, Todoroki didn't know many good romance mangas, so it wasn't like he could go out and buy one. Running a hand through his hair, Todoroki thought carefully about how to confess. And then, suddenly, the perfect idea hit him.

What if he created his own manga?

That was perfect! He could create a small manga where he would confess. Todoroki would admit that he wasn't a very good artist, but he knew that some of his friends, like Midoriya and Uraraka, were relatively good artists, and he could ask one of them for help. A small smile crept up on Todoroki's face, the thought of a blushing Sero reacting to the manga clouding his head. He closed his eyes, letting his mind wander, but the thought of Sero was always consistent throughout.