07

"She declined the offer?" The Queen rose from her seat, her vexation could be noticed from far on wide

"She declined the offer?" The Queen rose from her seat, her vexation could be noticed from far on wide. Her eyes burning in disbelief, she couldn't believe that her daughter would disobey her and her orders. She was frustrated, beyond one's belief.

"Take me to her." The Queen demanded, her ridiculously long coat made of the finest animal skin draping off her shoulders dragged along the just as ridiculous hallway. "Your Highness, please don't be harsh on her." Aishela lowered her head, she knew no good would come out of speaking up to The Queen, but she had to put her cowardice aside and stand up for the one she loved.

"Did you just give me an instruction?" Her eyes blazing with exasperation, while Aishela's could only cower in obedience. "My apologies, your highness, I-" Before any more words could escape from her mouth, she was shut with a slap across her face. Holding her reddened cheeks as she lowered her head; it wasn't much of a surprise that The Queen would lay hands on the maids and butlers, she was always a violent Queen, never knowing when she should return mutual respect- she had never seen the need to do so. In her eyes she was above all, therefore there was no reason for her to have mutual respect for others below her rank.

"Mother, apologize," Seri instructed, there she stood high and almighty, in all due respect she has, Seri calmly approached the situation. Instead of laying hands, she simply asked for an apology for something that should've been common sense to apologize for.

"Here you are!" The Queen hurried her steps towards Seri, disregarding her words from before. "Apologize," Seri repeated, just as stern as before. She stood her ground, unwavering despite the fact that her mother was striding towards her with vexation and rage spewing out of her figure.

A loud thud echoed. Seri's cheek was bloody, the Queen had assaulted her own daughter with her crown. In a raging fit, the Queen threw her crown at Seri, causing her to fall to the ground. The crown had scratched Seri's face.

Seri's eyes filled of hatred, she clenched her fists to tolerate the pain she was faced with and the vast amount of indignation she felt. However, she had to keep her composure.

She clenched her jaw, swallowing the humiliation. She hadn't had another choice but to retreat first before she committed a crime out of impulse. Picking herself up from the floor, she bowed with courtesy before leaving the place. The air filled with anger and angst, it was suffocating.

//

Throwing herself on her bed, she felt meekly in the presence of her mother. It wasn't so much of her personality that was timid, it was her encaged freedom. As a direct member of royalty, she had no choice but to follow the rules and regulations of being royalty. She had to act with composure and elegance at all times, showing any sort of emotions were a sign of weakness.

"Tired?" A voice, as calm as the silent ambience emerged, almost blending into the background. "What are you doing here, prince? This is trespassing." Seri sat up, tidying her dress. Ensuring she was still in her proper dressing before confronting the prince that stood before her.