05

"Yeah place it right here

"Yeah place it right here." Jeno was practically treating Seri like a pre-school infant, his hulking body in front of hers, towering over her like none other. His gigantic veiny hands over her little smooth one, his hand guiding hers. He held onto her hand as he positioned himself in a vulnerable spot, she was gripping onto the dagger that was placed threateningly over his neck.

"Jen, not in front of all these people." Seri went along with what seemed to be a jest, tossing back the flirty remarks. She stroked the edges of the dagger, the sweet taste of the dagger submerged in his candied blood, oh such great joy that would bring to her.

"Shall we go somewhere with more privacy then, princess?" Jeno queried, his lips curving up into a mischievous smirk, his head full of wicked thoughts. He couldn't hold off his enthusiasm to the thought of having her all to himself, her everything- her body, mind, soul, and heart.

"Well, aren't you impatient?" She teased, out of everyone in the room, she knew him the best. His intentions were as clear as a wine glass, she comprehended every word of the sentence he spoke with ease. It was as if she had mind-reading abilities, she knew him so well- too well.

"I am a man of patience but when it comes to you..." He turned around to face her, cupping her cheeks simultaneously stroking them ever so gently. He faked a smile, she could see him right through. It may seem like harmless flirting to the unknowledgeable ones, but it was their language of hatred. Every sweet little nothings they've chattered was nothing more than a way to express their utmost abhor towards the other, "I can't restrain myself."

"If you wouldn't mind, let me and m'lady have more privacy would you?" Jeno held Seri by the waist, his fingers stroking her dainty waist, requesting for the crowd around them to subside into their own little groups. Claiming Seri as his "woman" wasn't much of a surprise to Seri knowing what he meant- for her to obey him and stand by his side, to be all of his, for him to attain victory.

The crowd obeyed the Prince's request, the crowd that used to be around them like a shiver of sharks circling their prey subsided. "Now, may I have this dance?" Jeno held her hand, for a second he looked like an actual gentleman; Seri would never see him as a gentleman knowing what a monstrous being he could become.

The melodious instruments began to ring, filling the ballroom with its enchanting tune. Each princess had their own princes in the ballroom, interlocking fingers as they moved in sync. It was a moment of tranquility and relaxation, having to travel in baby steps with your dance partner elegantly.

Jeno held Seri by the waist, their bodies were merely apart, their breaths laid on the other. They waltzed across the room rhythmically, the steps they took followed with the exquisite rhythm. The music connects hearts- sorrowful ones, broken ones, discontented ones, exasperated ones, dyspeptic ones, joyful ones, and those that are madly in love.

As they danced, it felt as if they were in their own bubble, the sound generated by those that were outside were muffled- the music, the chatters, and the steps taken were drowned out by their own troubled mind.

Their thoughts infiltrated the ballroom, they carried heavy footsteps, may it be a straining chain gobbling them up in their chest or a feeling of incompetency rising in their stomach; whatever it may be, they were drowning. They were burdened, they needed comfort for their troubled hearts yet none to be seen.

The jovial couples around them made them feel a tightening grip on their hearts- almost suffocating, it was all play pretend. The only intention of getting close was to find an opportunity to stab the other in the back, they wanted to find out more about the other so they could use it against the other. All they wished for was death upon the other. They abhorred the other, they were born as enemies and they swore to bring the title down to their grave.

Behind those smiles were broken hearts, parents' pressure, and their minds fed with false ideality. They had to be flawless, or at least that was the mentality given by their parents. After all, their parents were at an endless shooting match.

The Lee and Seol family always had detestation coming for the other, much bloodshed and quarrels yet none to be decided as the victor. They've entrusted their children to carry on with the boundless bloodshed. The generations on will have to carry out the same tradition, it had been warfare for centuries.

"I will end this childish bloodshed and claim victory." or so they thought.

" or so they thought