The End

Chapter Ten: 😶

"Ten minutes" I mumbled, as we sat on a roadside in the darkness of midnight

"Ten minutes" I mumbled, as we sat on a roadside in the darkness of midnight. We'd been waiting for the moment; for tomorrow to hit.

Esme looked at her phone. "Yeah.."

"Stop worrying about it"

"No" she gasped under her teary breath. "I feel so horrible. I'm such a bitch"

I sighed. "No you're not"

"I am"

"You've done something thats going to benefit both of us"

"How? Look at us. We're literally sat here waiting"

"Waiting for the best thing to happen" I murmured.

She sighed, and looked up at me.
"What if it doesn't work? And I have to live knowing that I tried to get rid of you"

"You won't have to think like that"

"I will"

"We could be together again" I said. "That way neither of us have to be corrupted with bad thoughts and regrets"

"No" she cried. "We cant"

"Why not?"

"What about Erica? Are you just going to abandon her?" she questioned.

I sighed. "She knows I love you, and always will"

She made direct eye contact with me, still trying to hold back the tears in her eyes.

"You do?"

"You know I do"

"I would've thought that your mind would have been changed by her"

"I still thought about you, even if she tried and change my mindset" I said.

That's when Esme's phone lit up with a small chime. She raised it up to her face and gasped sadly.

"Two minutes" she mumbled.

I took her hand as we both stood up, walking into the empty road and pausing under the light of the moon.

I spun her around to face me, and gazed down at her in my final moments. We both remained silent, and embraced tightly.

"I'm sorry" she whispered.

I shook my head. "Don't be"

Within those moments, there was a certain blackness overcoming my eyes and sending me into a spin. My whole world was collapsing, finally.

Esme:

Opening my eyes, I at last saw the nothingness in-front of me. The empty street; the blinding street lights.

But- I didn't understand. Why was I there?

I had to get home, It'd be no good for a girl like me to be alone at night. These streets were a dangerous place.

I found myself hurrying towards the end of the road, turning a corner to head towards a more
public area. I'd never seen the city so quiet before. It made me wonder what I was even doing out.

But as I took a turn into another street, I saw somebody. She was alone too, walking around with a speed so she could get into the main roads before she was unsafe.

Girls stick with girls, right?

"Hey!" I called, jogging over towards her.

She turned, slightly squinting so that she could make out the figure who was seemingly coming towards her. At first, she tilted her head, and then her expression slowly former a frown. An angered frown.

"Sorry to bother you" I said, hugging my own arms. "Can I walk into town with you? I hate walking by myself at this time of night. All the creeps and strange people"

She didn't speak, and just stood frozen. Then, her lips parted, and she brushed her lilac hair behind her ear. It wasn't long before she gave a sarcastic giggle.

"Are you serious?"

I was startled; I almost regretted asking her.

"I'm sorry-" I mumbled, backing away.

"Don't act like you don't know me, Esme" she hissed, stepping towards me with an annoyance in her tone. I became quickly concerned.

"I know you?" I questioned, extremely confused.

She smirked with anger again. "Erica"

Erica? I didn't know an 'Erica'.

I had no idea who she was.