She's all I need.

To need and to want were two different things that often got mixed up.

   I'd come to realise I knew what I wanted but not what I needed. And even if we sometimes forgot to do what we needed in order to enjoy ourselves a little more, we had to know what we should do, what needed to be done so we could make things better if they turned out bad.

   I wanted a happy life. I wanted to make music and live off it, without losing the people I was close to. I wanted my parents to be proud of me and to prove them that they could trust me, that I wasn't ruining my life.

   After thinking about it for a little while, I came to the conclusion that what I needed was to find a secure job that could let me rent a flat instead of living off someone else, i.e Flora. But was it really needed? I didn't know.

   What I knew was that I had found a way to live in London. Someone was paying me to play three times a week in his bar and offered a room in the loft he had near his bar. I could go and wouldn't have to fear I might sleep on benches again.

   The only issue about it was that I had to leave tomorrow and I still hadn't told Flora about it. This was a perfect example of what I knew I needed to do but denied it anyway.

   We had gotten quite close in the last few weeks, always laughing at anything, making stupid jokes that weren't even funny. We enjoyed our life and I didn't want to be the one who ruined that. But I might have needed to do that. Who knew?

"Quit staring, she'll notice it!" Amelia whispered and hit my arm, making me realise that I'd been glaring at Flora for the past two minutes. I blushed, thing I shouldn't have done in front of this young girl. "Just tell her you love her already, moron."

"Hey! You aren't supposed to talk to me like that! I'm an adult, Mel. You can't just insult me." I sighed, half a smile playing on my lips.

"We both know this wasn't an insult but the truth." I shook my head. Kids...

"Everything alright, you two?" Flora asked and sat down beside me, her head resting on my shoulder.

    She did that a lot lately. Every time she had the opportunity to touch me, she would do so, always resting her head on me, her arm on my shoulder. She even took my hand a few times when she knew something was wrong.

   I liked thinking I didn't need it but rather that I wanted it. Sometimes, when things got hard for me, she made it so easier, it was just amazing. And maybe I was weak for giving in to such a relief, but I couldn't care less anymore because it was okay to be weak with Flora.

"Tired?" I whispered in her ear. She nodded. "Well, cute little Amelia here insulted me openly." I whined.

"I only said he was a moron!" Mel laughed, I could feel Flora smile.

"Barely an insult. I would say that it's the complete truth." Flora added knowingly.

"Am I that stupid?" I questioned with a fake frown.

"But we love you." Mel grinned.

"The two most beautiful girls on earth love me. What more can I ask for?" I knew I was smiling like a fool, but it didn't matter. Right then, I could be a fool and nobody would judge me.

"Hey! I never said I agreed with her!" Flora spoke in and lifted her head so she could face me. Yes, I felt shivers from the sudden cold feeling in my shoulder. Call me cliché, I didn't mind.

"You just broke my heart." I whispered dramatically, resting a hand on my chest to lay stress on what I just said.

   Flora and I were staring into each other's eyes. No words were spoken. It was as if we were testing each other, see whether we were going to do something or not. It seemed like none of us dared to move.