⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟓

Start from the beginning

it was silent for a moment.

"why'd you leave class then?"

she was taken aback by the fact that he was actually talking to her. she had never had a proper — and civil — conversation with him, let alone a slytherin.

"that professor is annoying." she replied, leaning her back against the wall like he was.

"understandable." he nodded, glimpsing at her from his peripherals.

"is that why you're ditching?"

he nodded his head. "and i don't like the idea of divination. i don't want to know my future because if it's anything bad, i'll be constantly worried and want to change it."

"i get that. the professor said something so strange to me. i don't think i want to attend those lessons anymore."

"what did she say?" he asked. by each passing second he spent talking to her, he grew more intrigued, wanting to talk more. the ice was slowly melting.

"doesn't matter." she replied as students had started leaving their classes. the halls were going to be crowded with students soon. luckily, she spotted her friends walking her way, so she waved at them.

"there you are." chenle hurried to her. "you alright now?"

"yeah. where's mark?"

"went to give something back to the professor."

"let's wait for him then." yunhee noticed jeno glaring at jaemin who was avoiding eye contact. "jeno?"

"what is he doing here?" jeno asked, crossing his arms. yunhee had never seen jeno look so mean and angry before. it was scary...

"he was just keeping me company while i was waiting for you guys." she told him, acknowledging the growing tension.

"yunhee, don't hang out with people like him. they have no good intentions."

"he didn't do anything wrong." her eyebrows furrowed at this. jeno usually wasn't one to judge people on their house or status, yet when it came to jaemin he was.

mark had just appeared and was asking chenle and renjun what was happening, but no one replied as they were too focused on the current situation.

"trust me. stay away from him."

"jeno, you're being overdramatic." jaemin finally spoke up, moving away from the wall. the two glared at each other, forgetting about those around them.

"what's going on here?"

the group turned to look at donghyuck and jisung who had joined them by the wall. both yunhee and chenle's eyes widened at the sight of jisung, however, he tried not to look at them. his attempt failed when he caught glimpse of the necklace on yunhee's neck. the corner of his lips lifted slightly, then he turned away.

"nothing. let's go." jaemin replied, linking arms with donghyuck. he tried to pull him away from the others, saving them from any more conflicts or snarky remarks, but the latter stopped.

"why were you hanging around them?" he asked.

"i was just talking to yunhee while waiting for you... there's nothing wrong with that."