XXXI

i looked to my left, leaning against the pillar opposing me, was an armour clad figure.

his arms were folded over eachother, a white hood covering the majority of his head, bits of blond hair sticking out. he wasnt facing me, his vacant stare was set on the ballroom.

"who are you?" i questioned, adjusting my posture.

his eyes flickered to me, his gaze resting on my necklace for a brief moment before making contact with my eyes.

"so youre the person whos caught everyones eye." he hummed.

i was taken aback by the statement, crossing my arms in defence.

"i dont know what you mean."

the armoured man turned to face me, walking closer so we were only a few feet apart.

"youve got them all fawning over you. i mean- i can see why." he smirked, pausing for a moment.

his eyes scanning the crowd before turning back to me. he stepped closer again, his blue eyes piercing into me.

"but...whats so different about you?"

i stepped back, hitting the cool pillar behind me. my face flushing at the proximity of the blond man.

"punz what the fuck man?"

"oh hey sapnap- whats up." the supposed male named punz retreated back, turning to give sapnap a toothy grin.

i breathed a sigh of relief, turning my head to my side to see sapnap. the taller male stood in the shadows, his hand resting on his sword that fastened to his hip.

"why dont you go guard the door- y'know, do your job." the raven haired male seethed.

punz held up his hands in defence, backing away.

"sheesh- alright man." he turned to me once more.

"nice meeting you, y/n." he gave me a quick wink before walking off into the crowd.

sapnap swiftly walked over to me, placing a hand on my arm.

"you okay? hes just messing with you but- you good?" concern lacing his voice.

i nodded, my eyes meeting his.

once sapnap stepped into the light, it illuminated purple and yellow bruising around his eyes, his nose seemed to be slightly crooked and swollen.

"what happened to you?" my hands instinctively cupped his face, my thumb skimming over the bruising under his eyes.

he turned his head, resting his face more into my hands.

"nothing, im fine." he chuckled.

my brows knit into a frown, i pressed a thumb against the bridge of his nose. sapnap let out a wince, recoiling back from my touch.

i folded my arms over my chest, raising a brow.

"thats what i thought."

"youre cruel." sapnap cupped his nose.

"why havent you taken any potions to heal yourself?"

"oh-" sapnap laughed. "we dont have any."

"what do you mean you dont have any?" i questioned, awaiting an explanation.

"george doesnt like using potions- so we have no healers in the kingdom." sap scratched the back of his neck.

"what- thats so idiotic. do you have a brewing room in the castle?" i frowned further.

"how about we find out?" he gave me a smirk, offering me his right hand.

my eyes scanned the room, looking for any familiar faces. when i didnt see anyone i recognised, i turned back to sapnap taking his hand in mine.

"alright lets go."

a/n - i really appreciate the support on the book but i request you guys don't fight in the comments,, thanks. vote n comment <333