XVI

"do ya think it's going to rain?" phil's gaze was set to the sky as the brooding clouds continued to roll in.

"mmm possibly- lets get these horses sheltered." i dismounted my horse, guiding it towards the community stables close to my house.

phil held the wooden stable doors open as i lead my horse in, tethering it to one of the many oak beams holding the fairly large, structure together.

i raked my fingers through the dual coloured horses mane. it let out a low neigh and stomped its hooves.

a smile crept onto my face as i picked up a bag of oats and began to fill up a trough.

"son- look don't you think it'd be better if you told y/n- george is gonna meet them at the ball- wouldn't you want them to be ready for that?"

i turned to face phil who was now leaning against the wooden frame of the building, his arms folded over his chest, his grey wings tucked behind his back.

"i don't want to get into this right now phil-"

"what if something happens? what if george pulls the same shit he did a year or so ago?"

i clenched my jaw hard, fighting the urge to lash out at the older male.

phil reached a hand out, gripping my shoulder reassuringly.

"i know you care for y/n. it's pretty obvious-"

"i care for y/n the same as i care for everyone else." i pulled myself away from his firm grip.

a deadpan expression washed over phil's face. he folded his arms back over eachother.

"bullshit." he mumbled.

my brows contorted into a frown.

"what?" confusion evident in my voice.

"you heard me. bull. shit." he pushed himself off the wall so he was standing directly in-front of me.

"i know you bloody care, and it's so obvious. and you know george will snuff that out, and he will use y/n to get his way. get that through your head, i know you're smarter than this."

and with that, the older man left the stables.

i re-adjusted the beanie on my head, slumping against the nearest wooden beam. i ran a hand over my heated cheeks and sighed.

~*~*~*~

i clung to sapnap's torso, pressing the side of my face against his cloaked back in attempts to shield myself from the strong wind.

he was currently racing away from l'manburg, towards the east.

dark clouds further enveloped the night sky, low rumblings of thunder began to echo out.

"i think it's going to rain." i stated, hugging my cloak closer to my body.

"nah- it'll be fine." he chuckled, whipping the horses reins.

we continued on, the weather becoming increasingly worse. the wind howled loudly, causing our cloaks to whip against our bodies.

"i think you should reconsider your statement." i yelled, clutching onto the raven haired male tighter.

and then came the rain.

it lashed down, thunder crackling louder than before. within seconds the rain had soaked through the layers of fabric between my skin and the outside world.

"shit okay- hold up." sapnap yanked the reins, adjusting the direction the horse was galloping in.

the male had begun to steer the horse towards a large wooded area, whipping at the reins again.

i shut my eyes, trying to prevent the rain from blurring my vision further.

we came to an abrupt halt, my eyes shot open and i came to realise we were in the middle of the forest now.

the foliage somewhat blocking the storm above.

sapnap slid off the horse, grabbing my hips and hoisting me down soon after. i wrapped my arms around my body, shivering at the lack of heat.

sapnap scanned the area, familiarising himself with the surroundings. a flash of light lit up, what could be visible of the sky.

i jumped slightly, quickly crouching down onto the ground below.

my cloak and shirt were practically stuck to my skin, droplets of water rolled off of my face.

"well- that was, not so fun." sapnap chuckled as he tied up his horse to a nearby tree and returned to sit beside me.

"im going to freeze to death. and im blaming you." i mumbled slightly irritated.

the dark haired male began to strip himself of his armour, revealing semi-dry clothing underneath.

he held his arms out.

"c'mere ill warm you up."

a/n- ayup my beloveds. hope everyone is doing well, love you all. techno and ranboo appear soon:)) vote and comment! (and follow me on tiktok @fizzykneecaps )