XXV

wilbur caught up to me, resting a hand on my waist.

"are you too warm? your window was open." he mumbled to me as we walked to the kitchen.

"a little- im fine now, thank you." i smiled, pulling away from him and walking ahead.

when i entered the kitchen i was greeted with smiles from everyone, a loud cheer erupting from tommy.

the kitchen table had been decked out with numerous plates of food. baskets of baked goods sat at either end of the spruce wood. a vase of flowers sat elegantly in the centre of it all.

"what's all this for?" i chuckled.

"for you- since you haven't seen your boys in a while." phil gave me a reassuring smile.

my eyes shifted between techno and ranboo.

i walked over and sat myself between phil and ranboo. giving them both a quick side hug.

"thank you." i whispered to the older man.

"of course. we've been missing you a lot recently."

"ive been missing you all, too." i rested a hand on phils forearm.

he responded with a smile, placing a hand on top of mine.

"y/n, ive been meaning to talk to you about something-"

tommy slammed his hands on the table, interrupting the quiet conversation i was having with phil.

"can we eat now? im hungry." the young blond groaned.

philza let out a defeated sigh, shaking his head. the gemstones that hung from his hat swaying with him.

techno, who sat by his younger brothers side, quickly jabbed him in the ribs with his elbow.

"ow what the fuck-"

"shut it, tommy." wilbur seethed from across the table.

i chuckled at them. "yeah go ahead tommy." i nodded at the teen.

he grabbed at a bread roll, pointing it at me.

"this is why you are my favourite." he then proceeded to shove the whole bread roll into his mouth.

i turned to ranboo, who sat with wide eyes as if he had just seen a snake unhinge its jaw.

"oh he does this. you get used to it." tubbo chimed in, noticing ranboos shocked expression.

~*~*~*~

wilbur pov

light conversation broke out between the group, tommy shoving copious amounts of bread into his mouth.

i stared across the table at techno, whos gaze was fixed on y/n. i gently kicked his shin from under the table.

doing so made the pink haired male whip his head around to face me, a scowl on his features.

i raised my eyebrow, nodding my head in the direction of the hall. techno got the memo, rising from his seat and walked out through the door.

i soon followed, phil giving me a questioning glance.

when i exited the room, shutting the door behind me, i was met with techno. he was leaning against the wall, his arms folded over his chest.

"what did you want to talk about?" techno questioned, drumming his fingers against his arm.

"follow me." i mumbled, dragging him to y/ns room.

we tread down the hall, the floorboards creaking under our weight. the dim torches barely lighting up the landing.

"why are we-" techno began.

i pressed my palm against the door frame, pushing it open.

the door swung open, as we entered the room.

techno followed behind, making his way to the window.

the tall male grasped the frame of the window with both hands, pushing his torso forward to hang his head out into the cool evening air.

i turned to face their bed, squinting my eyes at the floor. i reached a hand up to adjust my glasses, pushing them further up the bridge of my nose.

i bent down to a squat, picking up a circular object from the floor.

techno retracted his head, dusting off his cloak.

"i dont see what the issue is wilbur why did you-" techno paused when he turned to face me.

i held up the mask between my index finger and my thumb, showing it to techno.

his facial expression neutralised. the male taking a step forward and ripping the mask from my grasp.

techno studied the mask, almost searching for something. his knuckles turning white from his hold on the object.

"wilbur." he muttered in a low tone.

his eyes moving from the mask to settle on me.

"you can't let them hurt y/n again."

a/n- woo sorry for the late update but aye- i was writing an essay for college and it sucked. vote n comment! mwah