The End Of Something part 4

Start from the beginning

"Does everything in this family have to be a discussion?" Vanya asked in disbelief. Luther grabbed the tractor while Allison grabbed Diego's hurt leg.

While Luther picked up the tractor, Allison moved Diego's leg from underneath it.

"Are you out?" Luther asked while still holding the tractor. "Yeah" Diego replied and stood up from the ground. Luther dropped the tractor and Diego had a smile on his face.

"Team zero! Unstoppable!" Diego high fived Luther. "What did we miss?" I whispered to Klaus. "No idea" he whispered back.

Luther and Diego awkwardly pulled back from the high five and looked everywhere except towards eachother.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Allison asked me with a shocked face while looking down at my shirt. "Oh, yeah, nothing I can't fix" I shrugged and showed the bullet wound scars.

"That's actually really cool" Luther sighed in defeat. "I know" I replied with a smug smile.

"Okay, has anyone seen Five?" Allison asked, changing the topic of conversation. "Yeah, he's fighting Lila right now" I responded casually.

"By the way, you're ex girlfriend can blink like Five" Luther informed Diego. "Yeah, that bitch just rumored me so I couldn't breath" Allison joined.

"And destroyed like half of the farm with a shock wave. So unoriginal" Klaus told us. Diego looked at me as a signal for me to began my story. "Oh, I didn't fight her, we just talk for a minute before she went off to fight with Allison" I told him.

"And you just let her?!" Allison asked in shock. "You guys always exclude me from missions! I don't see why I have to save your asses" I defended myself.

"Look, if she can do everything we can, she might as well be one of us" Vanya stopped our argument.

"Yeah" Luther chuckled. "Well.." I thought about it for a second. I mean, who said we were the only ones like us? We just assumed we were, but there's no evidence.

"No, there's no way. It can't be" Luther shook his head at the thought.

"It's a reasonable conclusion" Allison said. "Eh, but there were only seven of us" Klaus tried to convince us. "Well, we never actually knew there are only seven of us, we just assumed" I considered.

"Luzia is right, maybe we need to consider that there's more" Vanya agreed with me. "Are we surprised?" Allison asked. "Reginald never told us the whole truth about anything" I told them.

"But she's not our biological sister.." Diego replied. "Right?" He asked us. We all just looked at him and eachother like he was dumb.

"I said it once and I will say it again, Diego. I thought Luther was the dumb one but then you open your mouth" I told him.

"What? There was nothing dumb about that" Diego asked confused. We all just looked at eachother again before Luther broke the silence.

"Okay, so, if she can mirror our powers, that means anything we throw at her, she can match, right?" Luther asked us.

"Yeah, but she can only mirror one of our powers at a time" Klaus told him. "You sure about that?" Allison asked him.

••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• ••• •••

We were walking inside of the barn and saw Five standing there with Lila in front of him with a knife in her hand. "She was looking for you" Five told her. "Why?" Lila whispered back.

"Because you're one of us" Diego responded. Lila turned around and looked at Diego with tears in her eyes, not letting them fall.

"The Handler stole you, Lila. Just like our asshole father took all of us" Diego told her while we stood around them.

"No, it's not the same thing" Lila denied and kept the knife in her hand pointed at Diego. "You're right" Diego told her.

"Because he didn't have our parents murdered" Diego said. "Listen to me, Lila" he held his arm in front of her. "You were born on October 1, 1989, the same day as all of us" Diego told her. Lila shook her head and looked at the ground.

"Stay back!" She yelled at us. "Hey, stop, wait wait" Diego told her while all of us backed out a little. "I trusted you" she said to Diego.

"I got you a job, I even introduced you to my mother, and then you took off on me" Lila's voice cracked while talking to Diego. "Because I needed to save the world!" Diego defended himself.

"Men are trash, I don't even know why we like them" I whispered to Klaus. "Amen" Klaus whispered back.

"She's using you, Lila. The Handler" Diego told her. "You're wrong. She raised me. She loves me" Lila shook her head at him.

"Yeah, you know what?" Luther joined in. "Love shouldn't have to hurt this much" Luther told Lila softly.

What in the actual fuck?

Lila and I fake gagged at the same time. "All right, I tried" Luther sighed and gave up. "Yeah, you shouldn't have tried at all" I nodded at him.

"He's right. We have to kill her" Five announced. "Wait, why" I whined while Diego stopped Five from going towards Lila.

"I got it" he nodded at Five. "Hey, Lila" she looked back at him. "Truth?" He asked her. "She's dangerous" Diego said, talking about the Handler. "And you're scared of what she'll do with all that new power. That's why you dragged me to the Commission" he smiled slightly at her with tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"Because I know what it's like to love dangerous people" his voice cracked.

I never actually realized how alike Diego and I are sometimes. This is one of them. We keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

"Difference is... they love me back" Diego said while looking at all of us. "Shut up" Lila said with tears streaming down her face, holding the knife towards Diego's chest.

"The only thing she loves is power. Now, the minute she can't use you, she will turn on you and deep down, I know you know that" he said while walking closer towards her, making the knife touch his chest.

"You don't know me, Diego" Lila shook her head at him. Diego walked even closer, looking her in the eyes. "Don't I?" He asked her.

"I know that we can be your family...if you just let us" Diego said softly. Lila looked at all of us while still keeping the knife at Diego's chest.

"I don't mind a new sibling" I shrugged and smiled at her. Lila looked back at Diego and they were leaning in.

Until gun shots started firing again, but this time, all of us got hit.

And all I saw was black...